Thanks Friends

sailor3X7

Petty Officer 2nd Class
As I was reading some posts tonight it just occurred to me that I have come to think of many of you as friends much the same way as when you read a good book and come to feel you know the characters in the story. I read much more than I post, so, though you don't really know me as one of the gang, I feel like I'm part of a circle of friends. I guess that makes me the quiet one sitting over in the corner. But I sure enjoy just hanging around listening to all the conversations. <br />I just wanted to say thanks for being unseen "friends."

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Thanks Friends

Hey Sailor, feel free to jump right in and help stir the pot. Keeps all the arguements from going stale. ;) <br /><br />Thanks for the sentiment.

bubbakat

Captain

Well boom we have another friend and you know what that means.<br />We are better the off then we were yesterday. :D :D

brother chris

Commander

yeah, I consider you all my friends as well. <br />Funny how some of you come up in conversations with my friends and family.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Me too Chris. I think that means we don't have much of a life. I will find myself saying "Ladyfish posted a joke that went......." Sbn was talking about......... <br /><br />I also like to converste with the Canucks and Austrailians, Kiwis are cool too.

aspeck

Staff member

Yea, my wife says I am pretty weird - can tell by the friends I hang out with - but she knows all of your screen names!

crab bait

Captain

welcome to the doesy-doe..<br /><br />seem like one friend joins ..one friend falls out.. <br /><br />short list: ebbtide<br /><br />ross<br />jack shelac<br />flathead<br />thom va<br />flat bottoms<br />capt bob<br /><br /><br />even mello is sparce..

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

sailor<br /> jump on in. keeps me from getting flamed so much :) :) . maybe youll get flamed and they forget about me :) .<br /> its always nice to see someone that is civil and has a valid argument based on facts .

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Kenneth Brown:<br /> Me too Chris. I think that means we don't have much of a life.
Unfortunately true-but hey, the part of our lives that matters floats.<br /><br />I too consider you guys friends. I may be a bit antagonistic at times but hey, it makes you think-and the same in reverse.

dolluper

Captain

Different insights, opinions, and just straight <br />knowledge is around this joint, most around here would help you out in a drop of a bucket, so we are all great jump in and be great to, it's like an extended family. So welcome to Iboats addiction club it'll grow on ya

LadyFish

Admiral

Sailor, I think we all feel the same way you do which is why some of us are still here years after we initially joined for a purchase or repair. :)

sailor3X7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks, it is really fun to read all the chatter. Now I almost feel like I have just talked to some celebrities.

sailor3X7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I often find myself laughing and telling my wife about something one of y'all said too. She knows I'm crazy about boats. I'm pretty land locked in the panhandle of Texas. We have some lakes, but I'm not exactly surrounded by people who understand my passion for boats, so iboats has been a treat for me.

sailor3X7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks, it is really fun to read all the chatter. Now I almost feel like I have just talked to some celebrities.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /> Yea, my wife says I am pretty weird - can tell by the friends I hang out with - but she knows all of your screen names!
Ditto here aspeck :D

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

This is the 1st and only site I've ever posted too.....and it is strange when you sit back and think about what you're doing. You're typing back and forth to people whom you've never seen or met, yet you feel like you know them. And then you see someone who lives within about a hundred miles of you...AND YOU FEEL LIKE YOU KNOW THEM EVEN BETTER! :confused: <br /><br />This is all very strange....but fun and most of all informative about different people, cultures, backgrounds etc. All in all, it's a great place! :)

sue5878

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Sailor<br /><br />I'm new to this but I've been reading the posts for some time. Know exactly how u feel. The forum is just like being on a boat. Never met the boat passing but wave as if long time friends. Part of the fun of boating (or sailing).<br /><br />GR

sailor3X7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yep. You're right about that. Don't let the screen name fool you, I do like to sail but I have a power boat too. I have a small day sailer, I'm building a 15' sailboat, I built a 17' canoe and I have a '69 Glastron. None of them are worth much, but I love them all. I love to just walk out in the shop and take a deep breath and smell the great smell of boats.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Sailor3X7:<br /> Thanks, it is really fun to read all the chatter. Now I almost feel like I have just talked to some celebrities.
Yea he will fit right in with us. He is already starting to studder some. :D