Thank you, Kayne West for your helpful insight last night....

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
What a sh*thead.....<br /><br />Kanye West Slams Bush In Live Telethon<br />LAST UPDATE: 9/2/2005 8:26:22 PM<br />This story is available on your cell phone at mobile.woai.com.<br /><br />Ryan Burrow - Chicago <br /><br />During NBC's live broadcast of Concert for Hurricane Relief rapper Kanye West, in what appeared to be an impromptu address, told viewers that National Guardsmen were given the unfair order to shoot at African-Americans on the streets of New Orleans.<br /><br />In a stumbling, yet defiant statement, West proclaimed that when African-Americans were caught stealing in New Orleans, they were called looters. However when whites were caught, they were just feeding their families. <br /><br />He was joined by former Saturday Night Live star Mike Myers, who returned to the script, and seemed frustrated by the the rapper's remarks. <br /><br />West then declared "George Bush doesn't care about black people." Before the rapper could complete his statement, NBC producers cut away. <br /><br />The hour-long NBC telethon Friday raised money for the Red Cross. Other musicians included Harry Connick Junior, Tim McGraw, and Aaron Neville.<br /><br /><br />****************<br />Keep in mind that the cops are black. 95% of the citizens who didn't leave NO are black. Yet it is the whites that are the problem. Yeah, right.

Tinkr

Cadet
Re: Thank you, Kayne West for your helpful insight last night....

Doesn't alter the fact that there's an enormous effort being made to help the people in NO. It's pretty stupid to say anything that implies the government or anyone else doesn't care and isn't trying to help. It's particularly stupid to do it on a telethon which is trying to help the same people. I bet the donations really went up after Mr West's very useful contribution.<br /><br />No good can come of anyone raising the race issue.<br /><br />Of course a lot of African Americans are going to be affected by anything that happens in NO. They're the bulk of the population. <br /><br />It would be better if everyone just took the view that there are people needing help and those who can help are doing their best to help them. Shut up about colour on both sides. Stop expressing unhelpful opinions on the conduct of others based on their colour. It's not going to help the people who need help.<br /><br />P.S. Is Kayne West anyone I should know about? Just answer 'No' if he's a gangsta rapper or any other bling bling; gangbanger; mo' fo'; homeboy; in da hood; wit my bros; yo ma bit*h; she ma ho; pop a cap in da head; crutch-stroking type of waste of music chart space, and all other spaces, who wastes perfectly good CD's and expensive airwaves by spewing out unwarranted contempt for women and anyone halfway decent who can also speak understandable English.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Never mind. I couldn't think of anything polite to say.

aspeck

Staff member

"NO"

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I have no time for this nonsense,I will donate blood this afternoon for whoever needs it down there and I will try to make it down there to see if I can help.

D

DJ

Looting food and water is one thing. One does not need blue jeans or DVD players to survive.<br /><br />That goes for ALL looters.