Text Editor.-

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Is the text editor having issues ? It's not visible any more...

Happy Boating

Fun Times

Staff member
I'll take a guess here and say you'd just like to clean your last new thread up a bit because it's harder to proofread how the thread works/looks now that the "Thread Preview" icon is missing and you only get Post Thread or Post Reply which makes posting direct vs checking things over before actual posting and I believe you get an hour to edit in any corrections before losing sight of the edit icon..., https://forums.iboats.com/threads/fouled-crankcase.752544/

I started to make corrections for you but figured it would be better if you made them vs me/us.

Here's what I came up with,

This is a 2 stroke Tohatsu 18 HP motor with around 150 worked hours, exhaust covers and chambers, cylinder head as in (2), pistons were impeccable decarboned and cleaned to mint condition as in (2) on last full restoration. Due to achieving poor acceleration when opening up the throttle fast, I decided to remove the cylinder head assuming the engine was having water intrusion in the combustion chambers, but when removed found this awful scenario.

Data : The owner uses a cheap 2 stroke uncertified TCW-3 oil mixed at 50: 1 and run at low to medium speeds on daily basis powering a medium size boat used as a work boat and tender.

Know that on 2 strokes / 2 cylinder motors, cylinders does not carbon up the same, usually it's one or the other, but this one is the worse seen... Assuming it's a combo of poor oil quality + long slow revving?

New NGK spark plugs were well gaped to specs, all gaskets were installed brand new and torqued to specs and the time advance/carb perfectly synched. Ideas, tech wild guessing that accounts for such scenario?

Happy Boating

If desired, Rewrite the post either in here or your actual thread and we'll just copy and paste it in your original thread or go ahead and create a new thread and we'll hide the other one for you and hide this thread as well when we're all done working together.

Thanks

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Thanks Fun Times, when posted the Editor shown at upper page was non visible at all, now is. Don't know if was the old Windows XP playing tricks on an old PC, will check it latter. This text was written and edited in a Notebook with Windows 7 Ultimate version.

Happy Boating

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
The issue is going on again on that desktop PC with an obsolete Windows XP install, seems the antivirus NOD 32 whose license hasn't been renewed upon expiration is punishing me for it LOL. No issues with other computers running Windows 7 Ultimate...

Happy Boating