Texas Rain

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
SBN slide into the Hideout and asked, "Does it ever rain out here?"<br /> <br />JB quickly answered, "Yes, it does."<br /> <br />"When?" asked SBN.<br /> <br />"Do you remember that part in the Bible where it rained for<br />40 days and 40 nights?"<br /> <br />SBN replied, "Yes, I'm familiar with Noah's flood."<br /> <br />"Well," JB puffed up, "we got about half an inch<br />that time."

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Texas Rain

:D <br /><br />Actually, SBN, I've had more rain in the past month than I got all last year. A bit over 23" so far this year.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I can't quantify the amount of rain we received for the month of June, but my yard has been like a wet sponge for a month and there are several places where water's seeping out of the ground.<br /><br />There for a while I thought I might be using my boat to get to work! :D <br /><br /><br />-dd-

salty87

Commander

14 inches in June alone, my backyard creek has been seeing some pretty good action<br /><br />
board-profile.cgi

rwise

Captain

18 days of rain for june in Texas<br />15 days of rain for june in Oklahoma<br />And it don't look as though this month will be better, I got 5+" this morning! When will it stop?!

Whaler Proud

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Stopped today here in Fort Worth. Except for a brief storm this morning.<br /><br />After mowing the yard (had to mow it on the top notch or I never would have finished), I took a bleach and water mixture to all of the bare ground and standing water. Hopefully it will kill all of the existing and future mosquitos.<br /><br />Speaking of mosquitos, how are they in Whitt, JB?

ob

Admiral

Well I guess I'll pipe in on some of this rain jazz.Dry now ,but as JB eloquently expressed,it has been near biblical proportions this year.Two floods in one month.We're at flood stage still in most of the rivers and estuaries.Texas size skeeters abound.Hot as a sauna in a boiler room.<br /><br />Upside ???<br /><br /><br />New carpet &<br />Green grass. :D

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

Had my share of rain. Grass really looks great. Alot of rain dosen't affect me, as I'm on all sand. It can rain 5 inches in AM, and in afternoon can still work in yard.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Whenever we get this much rain, the downhill half of my foundation swells back up and the cracks in the walls close just a bit, and the doors fit just a little bit better in their frames. It's kind of nice. Plus which, can't work in the yard, might as well go fishing!

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

WOW!<br />It stops raining around here in April, won't see another drop until November. The grass on the hills around here usually turn brown sometime in May.