Testing trim/tilt motor

EvinFla

Seaman
I've lost the trim/tilt on my 1995 evinrude 115. I've checked all of the connections and seem to have power going to the relays (ie. clicking sounds coming from the relay). The trim tilt motor was changed 9 months ago. <br />Could anyone give a quick explantion on how to check if the electric trim/tilt motor is shot, or any possible suggestions on other situations that might lead to this problem.<br />Thanks.

Walker

Captain
Re: Testing trim/tilt motor

Find the 2 wires that come from the motor and jump directly to them. Pos to one and neg to the other. If your tilt works then your motor is good. If not then more testing is required.

GDB

Cadet
Re: Testing trim/tilt motor

Sorry for hijacking this forum, but I followed this suggestion and would like to know the next step.<br /><br />1988 Johnson 225. No warning and now the power Tilt/Trim will not work in either direction. Battery is good. Enigine will start no problem.<br />I can hear the relays click in both directions.<br />I tried swapping relays, still no tilt motor.<br />Jumped motor wires (green and blue) to 12 volts directly and sparks but the motor doesn't turn. <br />Should I conclude bad motor?<br /><br />One more note, the motor is quite rusty.