test of avatar

unixgeek13

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: test of avatar

happy-happy joy-joy!<br /><br />dear moderator.. please delete this topic when you get a chance.<br /><br />Thanks!

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Hey Unix!<br />Nice avatar. Did you use Paint Shop Pro?

unixgeek13

Petty Officer 3rd Class

thanks!<br /><br />You won't believe me... but I'm such a dinosaur that I used MS Paint! Then I go to PhotoShop and save it as jpg or gif. I found that using MS Paint to change the image type really destroys it! Photshop is much better at resizing as well.<br /><br />...Steve...

unixgeek13

Petty Officer 3rd Class

hey Mark... for 42 years old, your boat looks awesome!!! You must take excellent care of her!

unixgeek13

Petty Officer 3rd Class

btw Mark42... where in NJ are you? Where do you do your cruising? I live up at the top of the GSP, and find myself going to Wallenpaupack in PA, or Shinnecock Bay in LI.<br /><br />Looking for new outlets for my new addiction!<br /><br />...Steve...

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Hi Unix,<br />I am in Warren county, about 25 minutes from lake Hopatcong. Been on that lake a few times and it is loosing its appeal. Very busy, very weedy, very rocky. Nice views, lots of "no wake" areas.<br /><br />By far the most fun boating I have had is on the Peconic, Sag Harbor, and Shelter Island bays on Long Island, NY.<br /><br />I too want to get over to Wallenpaypack as well as Greenwood to enjoy the sights.<br /><br />Have to re-do my avatar in Paint Shop to improve the registration. I used Microsoft Photo Editor and when reducing the pic it looses a lot of detail.<br /><br />So how easy is it to haul and launch a 20 footer?<br /><br />Mark.

unixgeek13

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'm in Bergen County. Greenwood Lake is a very crowded lake too... <br /><br />This was our first LI vacation with this boat, so I kept local to Shinnecock Bay and got to know the boat better. Next summer, I'll go through the canal and venture up into the Peconic and beyond. Maybe even make a long trip out of it and go up around Orient Point into the Sound.<br /><br />Trailering the boat isn't too bad. I drive an F150 SuperCrew and barely feel the boat behind me. The LIE is under perpetual construction and that makes it a bit bumpy, but all in all... not too bad.<br /><br />The boat is a cuddy cabin, so I can distribute some stuff in there for the trip (kids toys and such). Launch and retrieve is always interesting and as I don't get too much help. But I get it done fairly efficiently.<br /><br />Sorry to hear about Hopatcong... that's a place I was interested in checking out. Weekends on Wallenpaupack are pretty crowded too... Weekdays are much more mellow (ain't that always the way!)<br /><br />Catch you on the water one of these days!<br /><br /><br />...Steve...

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Taking the canal to the Peconic would be a nice trip. Be sure you have a nautical map because the lower bay has a lot of shallow areas and you need to follow the markers. <br /><br />On a nice day there is bearly a ripple on the water (in some areas) and you can really open up the throttle.<br /><br />Have a nice time,<br />Mark