Test-New Boat Pic. and Log......

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Long Trip=Long Story. <br /><br /><br />
view.html
<br /><br /><br />Link to pic, in case......<br /><br /> web page <br /><br /><br /> Captains Log <br /> Saturday, May 15, 2004<br /><br /> I arrived at Robinhood Cove up on Georgetown Island in Maine at 6:50 a.m., to bring the Grady home. Joe and Brian were on their way, about 15 minutes behind me. Thick fog was limiting the visibility to about a hundred feet from the marina, we waited till 9:15 for it to move out some. I followed another boat out of the cove to the Sheepscott River, that's where he turned back towards the marina. We hit the fog bank, paused, synced all the electronics and proceeded on, slowly. Cruising at 5 knots it took us 3 hours to get out of Sheepscott Bay and out off of Cape Small. A little after noontime we got out of the fog bank and starting making a headway speed of about 15 knots, that lasted for about a half hour, cause the seas were building. The "updated" forecast was correct, the seas were 4 to 6 feet going across Casco Bay to Cape Elizabeth, more six's than four's, and their may have been a few over six feet as well. We slowed to 7 or 8 knots to take the pounding. The boat did well, it was just the crew (and myself) that were feeling the ill effects of the seas.<br /><br /> We hit the buoy off Cape Elizabeth around 1:30, that's when I made a course correction in towards the Wood Island/Saco River area and plotted the course for Kennebunkport. This took us closer to shore and I was hoping the seas would subside some, it wasn't by much though. We arrived in Kennebunkport around 3:45, just as the fuel dock was about to shut down. The tank was approximately half empty, we pumped in 27 gallons. The weather was beautiful in Kennebunkport, I thought about hanging there for a spell, but alas, the mission was to get the Grady home.<br /><br /> Hit the heavy surf again around 4, was debating on heading for Cape Ann (50 miles) or Portsmouth (20 miles) when a wave broke over the bow and took out one of the windshield wipers. That's when I made the decision to head for Portsmouth harbor, and get the vessel closer to shore. We arrived in Portsmouth harbor around 6:30 and tied up to the gas dock at Wentworth By The Sea Marina, in New Castle, New Hampshire (south side of the harbor). <br /><br /> Just as I finished tying the boat up for the night the harbormaster came over and asked us if we were in trouble, we gave him some phony balony excuse as to why we were tied up to the gas dock. His only reply was, "watch out for them storms". That's when I got the feeling our day wasn't over, and took notice to the sky and what was coming. I untied the boat and spun it around so it was facing the oncoming weather, figured we'd stay drier this way. There was some pretty heavy rain, thunder and lightning going on for the next several hours. We had a little private party out on the end of the fancy dock, all loaded up with some big money yachts , that night. Joe H . drove up by car, delivered some more beverages and took Joe S . home with him.<br /><br /> Sunday, May 16, 2004<br /><br /> Brian and myself were up bright and early, I fired up the engine, warmed it up, and just as we shoved off, the engine stalled. We retied the boat and spent a couple of hours playing games with the fuel system, filters, ect. We got her going again around 9 and were off the docks by 9:15 , after pumping in another 20 gallons of fuel. <br /><br /> 30 Miles to Cape Ann, another 12 miles to the islands off of Beverly, in the rain, fog and 2 to 3 foot seas. Docked in Beverly 11:50, 25 m.p.h. right up to Lynch Park. She's home! J <br /><br />Trip mileage: 144.3 miles<br /><br />Engine hours: 13

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: Test-New Boat Pic. and Log......

I would like to see more posts like this, including the photos.<br /><br /> :) Betting there are alot of folks who would be interested in some of the cool places to cruise to as well at the great fishing spots! ;)

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks SBN,<br /><br />What's your secret? Do you use that server ndemge put up for us? I've been trying to open that all week with no luck....... :rolleyes:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Luna Sea:<br /> Thanks SBN,<br /><br />What's your secret? Do you use that server ndemge put up for us? I've been trying to open that all week with no luck....... :rolleyes:
Nope, used your image.<br />If you right click on the picture and then click properties, you will see it came from your storage.

LadyFish

Admiral

It's not just boating, it's an adventure.<br /><br />Glad you, Brian and your new baby are home safe and sound.<br /><br />Congratulations, she's a beaut! :)

KennyKenCan

Commander

Nice boat Luna Sea.<br /><br />Best of luck on your new adventure.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Really nice boat.. I'm jealous.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Sounds like a fun adventure, Sorry I wasn't there.