terrorism question

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
a man called mamar salabar just came on tv. he was calling for the assination of a democratically elected president. our CIA and FBI know the location of this terrorist. what should they do and how quickly should they do it?

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: terrorism question

need more info. was he a "terrorist"? which elected president? <br />lots of people would like certain heads of state "offed", that doesn't mean we hunt down people speaking their minds.<br />Hell, I'd be zapped.<br />;-)

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

if it was an assasination called for on a TV station why does it matter who ?<br /> and what the (bleep) ya call a terrorist other than someone that calls for assasinations on TV?<br /> maybe ya got another name for them ??????

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

hmmmmm, lemmeee think, lots of Americans and others would have been uttering the assassination of the democratically elected President of Iraq up until his capture, for example.<br />You know, the guy who is an honorary citizen of Detroit and who was given a key to the city?!?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

does it matter?<br /> if a man goes on TV asking for the assasination of a democratly elected head of state isnt it terror ?<br />and the last pres of Iraq wasnt elected<br />but even knuclke bunny bush and his crimminal family never talked assasination.

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by rodbolt:<br />what should they do and how quickly should they do it?
Shoot him in the head and put him in a dumpster where he belongs.<br /><br /><br />
Originally posted by theriver:<br /> hmmmmm, lemmeee think, lots of Americans and others would have been uttering the assassination of the democratically elected President of Iraq up until his capture, for example.
Do you seriously think Saddam was elected in any way? :eek: :rolleyes: If you believe that then I'm the queen of england. Holding a gun to someone and saying vote for me or I'll kill you is in no way an election.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think if its a credible threat, they should obviously take it seriously.<br />Saddam WAS elected (perhaps not to western standards). I never suggested the US gov't considered assassination. I realize its their policy not to do it. They handle it indirectly by waging war. (Too bad IMO-coulda saved a lotta lives and a lotta $$)<br /><br />Question: Was John Hinckley a terrorist? If not would he be if he was a Muslim?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

theriver<br /> if someone calls for the assasination of a countrys democratically elected govt head how can you call it any thing other than terror ?<br />and WTF is a credible threat? hinckly was called up by some weired folks<br />he was and is a terrorist<br />and he is where all terror mongers should be<br />and the US was directly responsible for saddams rise to power. in fact he was on the CIA payroll for a bit. or did ya forget?. we also paid his room in egypt for a bit, we also armed and assisted him in the Iran Iraq thing, in fact we blanked out Irans air defences for 3 days to assist him. roumor has it, not proved yet, that the GAS he so called used on hios people was manufactured here in the good old US of A. but none of that deflects the question.<br /> is mumar a terroist ?<br /> and dont even look at the pics of dumsfield kissing saddam in the 80's

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by theriver:<br />Saddam WAS elected (perhaps not to western standards).
No, he most certainly was not elected by any standards. (except maybe homocidal dictator standards) Sure they voted, but if anyone didn't vote for him, or tried to run against him, they were murdered. That clearly is NOT an election no matter what kind of hallucinogenic drug you're on.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

For all I know, with what limited info you gave, Mamar Salabar is a 17 year old gamer living in his parents basement in Kyrgyzstan and is pissed off at the country of Maldives because he ordered some woven mats off eBay and didn't receive them. Now he's "calling for the assassination of it's democratically elected president". Is he a terrorist? I haven't a clue.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Didn't Pat Robertson recently call for the asassination of the Prez. of Venezula? He was elected correct? We know where Pat is, just turn on the TV

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

wildbill<br /> ya got the cookie<br /> now all I wonder is why is the man not behind bars?

PW2

Commander

Pat Robertson did the exact same thing recently, calling for the assasination of Chavez, who was by most standards democratically elected. We haven't done anything to him (Sad to say!)

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Any " Extremist" whether white, black, brown, muslim, christian, political party or whatever that spews hate and extremism in my book is dangerous. They fail to speak for the majority but their sheeple followers are just as sad as the messenger.<br /><br />rodbolt, good to see that you've weathered the storm. Was down at Hatteras 4 years ago just before 9/11 and wondered what people do in a big storm. Doesn't look like there's to many rocks to hide under when it get's bad.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

I just wonder why buddy Bush has not had him arrested. that and when is one of chavezes lawyers gonna sue the Robertson empire. if I were Chavez I would be looking to own it about now. but this whole debacle seems to shed light on christians:):")<br /> which is why I am so happy not to be one<br /> :)

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

wild bill<br /> got 21 acres of woods I hide in :) <br />its for sale and under contract. so I may retire soon :) :) <br />aint no rocks, just idiots

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

was this saladbar making a threat, and does he have the means to carry it out?

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

The kool-aid is clearly being passed around. Sadam was elected. Bush stole an election. What standard would you call an election where someone recieved 99% of the vote and the other 1% got a vacation to abu grab, and were never heard from again. Perhaps there is an eastern standard. Lots of clear thinking there.<br /><br />I will agree on one point, there is not nearly enough info to formulate a plan. My understanding is that if we know he is a terrorist, do we need to wait for him to make a threat? Give him a smiley and hopefully he has a few friends around for similiar treatment. All kidding aside, I am uncomfortable with a kill first plan (as fun as that might be), extracting information usually comes from the footsoldiers on the bottom of the food chain.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just when our pants were falling down due to Katrina and our oil vulneribility in the gulf exposed, here comes a TV preacher flexing his brain muscle and pisses off Chavez, like it or not the leader of one of the top 5 oil reserves in the world. While gas sells for 13 cents a gal. in Caracas, Pat won't be happy until the "Crusade" pushes into Venezuela.<br /><br />My distaste for 501{c} non profits, their steeples and sheeple grows by the day.<br /><br />Chavez probably remembers another crazed preacher that took up residence in nearby Guyana,<br />Jimmy Jones