Tension Mounts At The Fire House

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Tension is high at the fire house. Our re-elected Chief informed us that the New Engine is 99.9% complete and could be here as early as Monday. To make a good as impression as possible on the new engine, some of the Juniors, Cadets and Firefighters held a clean up. Don't think ya' could find a speck of dust with a magnifing glass.<br /><br />I have also been elected to the post of Assistant Chief for this year. Excited about my new duties and am looking forward to working with the Chief. We have already been contacted by two other local Depts. about the prospects of holding joint training sessions and bringing back a closer comradery between departments that we enjoyed many years ago. There has been leadership changes at those Depts. also.<br /><br />All in all....a good start to a New year.

D

DJ

Re: Tension Mounts At The Fire House

OBJ,<br /><br />All great news. Good luck with that new engine.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

An assistant cheif huh. Congrats with a word of warning. It gets ruff for the ASSistant. Doing what the cheif wants with what the crew has has gotten awful tough.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Thanks for the warning Ken....but I've been aboard this boat before. The guys know what I expect and are comfortable with me.....and I with them...amen..... :)

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

Good luck with that new post OBJ and make sure those boys look after that new truck when it arrives.<br /><br />Peter

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Congrats OBJ!!<br /><br />I was in Mentor OH last week. Too much snow for me.

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

congrat OBJ Been there done that was 2nd asst chief that ended up doing all the work for the chief and 1st asst at the time. best of luck too ya and lets hope you never have to use that new truck for anything but training. this is a link to my old departments future truck they should be getting it around feb 1st<br /> http://www.crimson-fire.com/crimson/customercorner/viewstep.asp?StepID=697

D

DJ

OBJ,<br /><br />Is it there yet?

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Naw DJ....ain't here yet.....got the bay cleared and cleaned up, me and the Chief been workin' on how to split up the equipment between engines. Gettin' antsy..... :)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

It's here! Finally! <br /><br />Was a real nice evening. Chiefs, A/C's and firefighters from neighboring dept's came and had a look. Think we bought a keeper! :D :D

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

What?..No pictures OBJ??<br /><br />c'mon lets see the new baby.<br /><br /><br />20/1 there were a few long necks cracked durring inspection :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Does it have pontoons, OBJ? Then you could do rescues on the big muddy, too. :)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

OK...here's a couple pics....not real good ones but you can see her.<br /><br />Good ID on the toons JB but afraid we couldn't get her in the door....tight already.... :) <br /><br />
MVC-012F.JPG
<br /><br />
5611.JPG

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

CHIEF: "Reflective tape ..."<br /><br />OBJ: "Check!" <br /><br /> :D <br /><br />awsome OBJ .. now who do you get your turtle wax and polish from 'cause we're talking major amounts of area here.<br /><br />looks great bud .. good luck w/'er

aspeck

Staff member

Congrats on the position (I think - HA!) and on the new rig. SWWWEEEETT! I see trophies in the new year. Gonna be running to every convention to get more hardware for the trophy case!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

The pics don't do her justice really. Everything is clear coated...even the pump. Working to get her rigged out and gettin' the electronics (radio's) in her. Got some lettering to go on to as well as the station patch. Maybe we won't run her......just set and look at her..... :)

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

nice looking truck who built it?