temp of pee stream

Fishin4fun

Seaman
What temp should the pee stream get to? I ran her for about an hour at the lake and didnt even really feel luke warm. I have never seen anything like it, wondering if I have a problem, as I thought 115 hp 1985 Inline 6 would get warm, block is warm, but not hot. Is all good on this?

emckelvy

Commander
Re: temp of pee stream

Sounds reasonable, considering that the inline sixes don't have a thermostat.<br /><br />Best indication is water pressure if you have a gage, also the temp of the exhaust manifold. It should never get more than a bit warm, if that.

Fishin4fun

Seaman

Poulsbo Washington eh?? My grandparents owned a home that they built in the 1970's overlooking bainbridge Island on Angeline Avenue in Suquamish. I havent been back that way in about 5 yrs but it sure is beautiful there!<br /><br />Have a great day!

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

Fast or slow ?<br />You will find that immediately after running at high speed or WOT and you quickly run to the back of the boat and check it.. it will be quite hot (Not steaming though). After a very short time.. less than 1 minute, the temp will drop quickly to warm. The motor at high speed obviously runs hotter than at idle.. and as the incoming water is cold, it cools very fast.