Temp. gauge

fatpratt1996

Petty Officer 1st Class
I know that there are many temp. gauges out there. Are there any recomendatiuons on which one is better than the other? How difficult is this to install? I am a notorious gauge watcher and am deathly afraid of something going on that I am unaware of. Thanks

KCLOST

Commander
Re: Temp. gauge

Excellent, simple, and easy to install guage... You may need to buy the sender for it, if you don't have one that will match already..<br /><br /> Guage<br /><br />Look at the Blue Vector Temp guage for $20

fatpratt1996

Petty Officer 1st Class

Where do I get the sender? The boat currently has nothing as far as temp. gauge set-up. Plus once I get the gauge, doesn't the sender go where there is currently a plug in the head cover. Do these Blue Vector come with directions for install or are they fairly self-explainatory? Thanks for all the help. This forum never ceases to amaze me. Keep up the good work.

KCLOST

Commander

If you buy the guage from them ask for the sender that goes with it... They are also listed in there somewhere under "senders" (i think). And they do come with instructions to install depending on the type of motor you have...<br /><br />By the way, what motor do you have?

fatpratt1996

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't have the serial# on me but it is a '99 Mercury 125