tell Tell 200 Johnson

cbass74429

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 2000,200 Johnson. I have replaced water pump two days ago. Whole unit from plate up, to houseing. Vanes are turning clockwise, on pump. Bought uint off this site. At idle it was 11 to 12 lbs. At 3 grand it was 25lbs. Didn't run it super long. Took it out and started it at lake and never had a tell tale or what ever you want to call it. Ran smooth (motor). I removed it (tell tale hole) from cowl and it was open into block. Any Ideas? T stats?
You guys have always steered me correctly in past have alot of faith in you guys...

Thanks David C

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: tell Tell 200 Johnson

David, On my '98 Johnny 150, the telltale is a hole in the flush plug on the rear of the motor. If the flush plug is solid or the hole is plugged, you do not have a tell tale.

cbass74429

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It can be taken out. It does have a tell tale piece in the nut. It moves or floats to any angle you want. Slides out of the nut. It was open, because you could see light and I put a small piece of wire in it and looked through opposite end.
Thanks For Reply!!!

David C

cbass74429

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I read last night that T stats are pressure relief and t stats. This could cause problem. I'll look Fri. Have a small operation so can't today.
Thanks Guys!!!

David C

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

remove the hose for the the tale tell fitting on the cowl, and at the block. run a piece of weed eater sting thru it. critters like to live in there.

no the tstats have nothing to do with the tale tell stream. the stream is an indicator that the water pump is working. not that the tstats are opening and cooling the motor.

cbass74429

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Tell Tell 200 Johnson

Re: Tell Tell 200 Johnson

It doesn't have a hose on this Tell tale. I goes into block on my 2000, 200 Johnson. I removed the tell tail from cowling and it was open. I did find a presssure relief for high speed I'm going to replace it. Still doesn't solve my tell tale strem though.
Thanks For Replys.
David C

cbass74429

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Some one sent me an email and said to back flush. I'm going to give it a try.
Thanks For reply

David Crockett Sr