Teleflex Temp Gauge

tvpear12

Petty Officer 2nd Class
ok, I bought a temp gauge for my 1992 90 horse v-4 crossflow and the kit came with 2 sensors and to sensor monting brackets but only one tan wire to hook to sensor. my question is can i get another wire and hook it to the terminal along with the one it came with? can the 2 sensors be tied together or will this mess up the resistance and cause a false reading? why did they put 2 sensors and 2 brackets in the kit if they didnt intend fo me to use both sensors. it would be nice to moniter both head temps. any help would be app. p.s will these temp sensors read accurate if the sensors are touching the head cover? this is the only place i can find to bolt them up to that will allow the sensor to touch. the surface.

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Teleflex Temp Gauge

One sensor for each head, you will have to add a switch (so the gauge can only see one sensor at a time) to read the temp for each head.<br /><br />Yes you can just use another piece of wire. If you wire them both directly to the gauge without a switch, the gauge will be inaccurate.

tvpear12

Petty Officer 2nd Class

can you tell me how to wire the switch and do i need a 3 way switch or a 2 way?

tvpear12

Petty Officer 2nd Class

should there be 3 leggs on the switch? left legg for left sensor wire, right legg for right sensor wire, and center legg to the gauge? is that the way to wire it?

tvpear12

Petty Officer 2nd Class

if these sensors work off of resistance, wouldnt a toggle switch wired in between the sensor wire change the risistance and cause the gauge to read inaccurate?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

No.

tvpear12

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks jb was not nagging but just kinda in a hurry to get this thing in the water and start the break in .