Teenages

Fly Rod

Commander
:) On "Good Morning America" two teenage girls thought they were doing a good deed for the neighbors, by baking some cookies!!!!<br /><br />While walking around the neighborhood knocking on doors and handing out cookie treats to those that answered, and leaving little bags in front of doors of people not home with a little note,(have a nice day)!! <br />Well one middle aged woman on returning home seeing the bag and note thought it may have been buglars and had an anxiety attack!!! <br /><br />Sues the teenages and is awarded $900.00 !!! ;) :cool:

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Teenages

Hopefully she bought some Prozac with the $900.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

If figures, teens actually do something good only to be bashed down. Someone assumed something in their mind causes a anxiety attack, blame it on someone else and make them pay for their own action. Geeesh!

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

How does an "anxiety attack" give you the right to sue someone else. That's a flaw in your own character...Chief :)

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Its actually a medical condition, which can be treated. Regardless right to sue is stooping pretty low.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

What bull shlt !!<br /><br />What does she do when they leave the new phone book at the door?<br /><br />And if someone knocks on the door when she is home.<br /><br />I truely hope someone sues her pants off for something, and gives the money to those kids.<br /><br />Judge should have his head removed, . from his arse.

aspeck

Staff member

Fly Rod, you shouldn't have told me this, now I am wondering about other cookies I have seen. Oh my, you have given me an anxiety attack, should I just tell you where to send the money, or do we have to do the legal thing first?

Fly Rod

Commander

:) We can settle!!!! :D :D <br /><br />I'm sure that didn't include the "LEECHES" (lawyers)fee!!! ;) :cool:

Kiekhaeferscurse

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The way the story was reported up here (local news) yes we have tv in Canada, was that the teen's were selling the cookies at Midnight and the lady was afraid to open her door,this lead to the anxiety attack, also not sure about this but I thought they said they were boys. Ruling was the same $900 bucks so it must be the same story.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) It was 2 teen age girls about 16-18 years old!!! They were on Good Morning America this morning!!! And they were giving them away!!!! ;) :cool:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Fly Rod:<br /> :) It was 2 teen age girls about 16-18 years old!!! They were on Good Morning America this morning!!! And they were giving them away!!!! ;) :cool:
At midnight though. :eek:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

From the ABC news transcripts:<br /><br />"We just wanted to do something nice for other people, [to] let them know other people care about them even though they didn't know who it was."<br /><br /><br />The girls knocked on the doors only of homes with lights on, left the cookies on the porch and ran away, wanting to keep their good deed anonymous. The packages included heart-shaped cards that read: "Have a great night. From the T and L Club."<br /><br /><br />At around 10:30 p.m., they knocked on Young's door. Young, whose home had reportedly been burglarized before, became frightened and called the police. The police determined no crime had been committed. But the next day, Young was admitted to the hospital suffering from an anxiety attack.

NYMINUTE

Captain

You Honor: My clients were frightened by the fact that anyone could simply walk up to their door at 10:30 PM. They are on a fixed income and can't afford a security camera. Their hearing aides were off and well they are offended, yeah thats the ticket...offended...and a little loot will make it all better.

Bondo

Staff member

I Bet that Judge was a Clinton Appointee........................ :D