teaching a pig to sing

cpj

Ensign
Ever heard the saying: Dont try to teach a pig to sing.It wastes your time and annoys the pig.<br /><br /><br />We could equate this to the political posts here in DC.I myself have posted replys to the topics.I have gotten mad and also laughed at some of the posts.I have even agreed with some of the INDIVIDUAL points made by people that I disagree with,however,I havent changed my mind on the original post.That would be trying to teach the pig to sing.No matter how hard we try,we wont change the other persons mind.We might get them to concede on a few key points,but we wont change there mind on the subject.We are just wasting our time. (and annoying the pigs, no matter what kind of pig you are :D )

gspig

Chief Petty Officer
Re: teaching a pig to sing

I'd like to say that I am as firm on political stances, but if there is a valid argument, I like to hear it. The problem is listening to the same tune. Not often enough, a valid statement leaks through the same old retoric. If you want to spout the same talking points over and over, I'll tune you out. You better give facts (from more than one source) to support your statement, if you want my attention.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

The pig can find something else to sing about. :) <br /><br />Seriously, where else can ya go & say what ya think about something, or what you might be thinkin about something but aren't sure, and get all kinds of feedback on it, some of it relevant some of it not...well you know what I mean...maybe it ain't all wasted? :) how bout we get wasted & time the pig?

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

How bout we dig a pit and BBQ the pig?.......
72.gif

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Snapper....I'm with ya man...let's dig that hole, get the fire just right and cook dat hog! shoot...that'll make a fat man cry :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Man forget making it sing, I am still trying to make a purse out of her ear. :mad: <br /><br />I enjoy the arguments cause right or wrong you still learn something.<br /><br />Ken

cpj

Ensign

Springfield.Currently in Sarasota Florida a training class.Will great to be home but that means back to work on monday and no more fresh seafood. :( :( :( :(