Teach the Children

RICKRICK1

Ensign
THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS <br />> <br />> Just a week before Christmas I had a visitor. This is how it <br />> happened... <br />> I just finished the household chores for the night and was preparing <br />> to go to bed, when I heard a noise in the front of the house. I <br />> opened the door to the front room and to my surprise, Santa himself <br />> stepped out from behind the Christmas tree. He placed his finger over <br />> his mouth so I would not cry out. <br />> <br />> "What are you doing?" I started to ask. The words choked up in my <br />> throat and I saw he had tears in his eyes. His usual jolly manner was <br />> gone. Gone was the eager, boisterous soul we all know. He then <br />> answered me with a simple statement..."TEACH THE CHILDREN!" <br />> <br />> I was puzzled. What did he mean? He anticipated my question and with <br />> one quick movement brought forth a miniature toy bag from behind the <br />> tree. As I stood bewildered, Santa said, "Teach the children! Teach <br />> them the old meaning of Christmas. The meaning that now-a-days <br />> Christmas has forgotten." Santa then reached in his bag and pulled <br />> out a FIR TREE and placed it before the mantle. "Teach the children <br />> that the pure green color of the fir tree remains green all year <br />> round, depicting the everlasting hope of mankind, all the needles <br />> point heavenward, making it a symbol of man's thoughts turning toward <br />> heaven." <br />> <br />> He again reached into his bag and pulled out a brilliant STAR. "Teach <br />> the children that the star was the heavenly sign of promises long ago. <br />> God promised a Savior for the world, and the star was the sign of <br />> fulfillment of His promise." <br />> <br />> He then reached into his bag and pulled out a CANDLE. "Teach the <br />> children that the candle symbolizes that Christ is the light of the <br />> world, and when we see this great light we are reminded of He who <br />> displaces the darkness." <br />> <br />> Once again he reached into his bag and removed a WREATH and placed it <br />> on the tree. <br />> "Teach the children that the wreath symbolizes the real nature of <br />> love. <br />> Real love never ceases. Love is one continuous round of affection." <br />> <br />> He then pulled from his bag an ORNAMENT of himself. "Teach the <br />> children that I, <br />> Santa Clause, symbolize the generosity and good will we feel during <br />> the month of December." <br />> <br />> He then brought out a HOLLY LEAF. "Teach the children that the holly <br />> plant represents immortality. It represents the crown of thorns worn <br />> by our Savior. <br />> The red holly berries represent the blood shed by Him. <br />> <br />> Next he pulled from his bag a GIFT and said, "Teach the children that <br />> God so loved the world that HE gave HIS begotten SON." <br />> <br />> Thanks be to God for his unspeakable gift. <br />> <br />> "Teach the children that the wise men bowed before the Holy BABE and <br />> presented HIM with gold, frankincense and myrrh. We should always give <br />> gifts in the same spirit of the wise men." <br />> <br />> Santa then reached in his bag and pulled out a CANDY CANE and hung it <br />> on the tree. <br />> "Teach the children that the candy cane represents the shepherds' <br />> crook. <br />> The crook on the staff helps to bring back strayed sheep to the flock. <br />> The candy cane is the symbol that we are our brother's keeper." <br />> <br />> He reached in again and pulled out an ANGEL. "Teach the children that <br />> it was the angels that heralded in the glorious news of the Savior's <br />> birth. The angels sang Glory to God in the highest, on earth peace and <br />> good will toward men". <br />> <br />> Suddenly I heard a soft twinkling sound, and from his bag he pulled <br />> out a BELL. <br />> "Teach the children that as the lost sheep are found by the sound of <br />> the bell, it should ring mankind to the fold. The bell symbolizes <br />> guidance and return. <br />> <br />> Santa looked back and was pleased. He looked back at me and I saw that <br />> the twinkle was back in his eyes. He said, "Remember, teach the <br />> children the true meaning of Christmas and do not put me in the <br />> center, for I am but a humble servant of the One that is, and I bow <br />> down to worship HIM, our LORD, our GOD." <br />> <br />><br />Merry Christmas to all.

sloopy

Commander
Re: Teach the Children

your storie gave me the udden urge to go to santa at the mall and sit on his lap.... think of all those luaghts I would get!

MGuckin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

RICKRICK1,<br /> AMEN <br /><br />Happy Holidays

RICKRICK1

Ensign

Sloppy, I think you should go set on Santa's lap if you want to, never grow to old to be a child.