Tattoos

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Sorry if this has been done before but...Let's see pics of your tattoos. All sailors have tattoos, don't they?<br /><br />
tatwMVC-568F.jpg

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Tattoos

Looks like a brandy new one Lake, old picture or is it still a little tender?

Fly Rod

Commander

The wife is living her 2nd childhood at 55.<br />She just had her first tattoo.<br />She must think that she's a "Springbreaker"!!! :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have 2 tattoos, but if I showed them here I would be banned. Sorry. :(

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I've always wanted a tatoo. I just haven't found the picture I'm willing to spend my life with.

Mod4

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Keep it clean guys. If a thread requires too much editing by mods it will be deleted. That would be unfair to the originator and to those who would just like to show or discuss tatoos.

gaugeguy

Captain

OK, I have the Eagle, Globe and Anchor along with the my dates served on my upper left arm. I am planning on getting the Patriots logo on my right calf this summer.

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

The only tattoo I have is a Ram's head (zodiak sign: Aries) on my upper left arm. The memory is a little foggy, but, I was drinking in a bar in Buffalo, NY in 1984 and then went next door to a tattoo parlor. The lady didn't have a pre-made pattern, but drew it on with a pen after sketching it from a picture in a book. Then, she went over everything with the tattoo ink and needles. It still looks like a work of art after all these years.<br /><br />Butch

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

No tatoos here. I'm not a tatoo kinda gal.<br />Bassy

11 footer

Lieutenant

I always thought tatoos where kind of a cool idea, and I enjoy hearing how and why people who got them have them.<br /><br />Personaly,<br />I'd never have one myself, no matter what it said. <br />Been to the beach latey?, seems every young attractive girl and her mouther are getting tats,<br /> I don't understand it. I've only seen a hand full of girls who can look good with a tattoo, and thats only because they where mega hot on the first place, :D

Kiwi Phil

Commander

To moderators.<br />Did my reply get zapped because of the word I used, or did I accidentally post it to another topic.<br />I am not worried if it did get zapped. <br />But that is what those tattoos are actually called. <br />It is not looked apon as an offensive term, and everybody understands it.<br />They are done with what looks like a minature garden rake that is tapped with a type of hammer. (that's a pretty crude way of explaining it actually).<br />They start at the waist and go to just above the knees and are really intricate, and they look brilliant. <br />When people see them for the first time they are literally speechless. It's absolutely amazing.<br />The Moari ones are great too, especially the part and full face tats. <br />You got to have a lot of bottle to have one of those.<br />Where I came from, as a kid, the old women all had mokos tats on the chin, and they were ausome too. I use to sit on the foot path in Tamuranui among them and be mesmerised by their tats.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Keep it clean guys. If a thread requires too much editing by mods it will be deleted. That would be unfair to the originator and to those who would just like to show or discuss tatoos.
Thanks, this post wasn't meant to degenerate. Was hoping to see some other pix; how about getting out those digital cameras?!?<br /><br />This is my first tat, age 48. In the last few years I've been seeing some pretty good ones all over the place, like they've become mainstream. I thought about it for a year, then carried around the design for another year so I'd be sure I could live with it..."forever plus 6 months" as the artist said. Call me cautious...haha.

Mod4

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Kiwi Phil, I don't know what happened to your post. I didn't see anything wrong with it. If I accidently deleted it when I edited I apologise.