Tall Ships in Tacoma Thurs June 29th to Mon July 4th

Link

Rear Admiral
Even if you cant make it. The site makes for some good reading and great pics of the 29 ships that will be here from 23 to 356 FEET<br />Check on the Events menu also... they are really doing this up big.<br />Enjoy <br /><br /> http://www.tallshipstacoma.com/

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: Tall Ships in Tacoma Thurs June 29th to Mon July 4th

Giving it a first and last ^^Bump^^ in case some one here in the Pacific NW did not hear about it.<br />Going down tonight and again on Sunday<br />Enjoy

D

DJ

They sure are beautiful, and graceful.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Get some pictures. There's a couple of schooners there that I've crewed on at times. Wish I was there now. Here's a pic from one of them, enjoy...Chief ;) <br />
1.jpg

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> They sure are beautiful, and graceful.
They sure are DJ<br />And Chief what is the name of the boat you posted a pic of?<br /><br />You actually got to crew on some of them?? That had to be a blast. A friend of mine is paying to crew on one of them next week. I'll see him down there Sunday and find out which one.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Link, did you say he's paying them? To tell you the truth, I volunteered. It's well worth just going out to sea on a tall ship, even if only for only a couple of hours. Chief ;)

Link

Rear Admiral

Hey Chief<br />Yup paying to work LOL<br />Some of the ships when they leave here for their next port will take on passengers (for a fee) and you become part of the crew..<br />When the Endeavour (Captain Cook) was here in Gig Harbor a few years ago a friend signed on (several hundred dollars) and sailed as a crew member up to BC where we picked him up a month or so later. He had a great time

Link

Rear Admiral

Way cool<br />Having a good time at the web site right now.<br />A lot of history and I enjoy that.