Talking of missing persons

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Talking of missing persons

Got an email from him last weekend. <br />I think he's been kind of busy with a new job if he got the one he was hoping for.<br /><br />Maybe he is just "lurking", waiting to see if we are gonna talk about him. :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well, Kesh still can not get on.<br />I sent him a page with his posts listed and they would not load either. Page not available is what he gets.<br />Same stuff, no problem getting on anywhere else but iboats.<br />Strange, real strange.

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

Achris, You mentioned that your boss is sending you away also...to the philipnes. Sounds cool to me, Just what is it that you do for a living?...sl

achris

More fish than mountain goat

SL,<br /><br />I'm an ROV pilot. ROV is Remotely Operated Vehicle, basically underwater robots. The job in the Phillipines is a pipeline survey. This one is operated from a workboat, some are operated from rigs. We'll be 'flying' our ROV down the line looking for anomolies, video-taping everything as we go. The great thing about ROVs is that we don't get wet, all done from the surface.<br /><br />NYM,<br /><br />??????<br /><br />Chris...........

sue5878

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Achris<br /><br />Getreel is not an underwater operated vehicle....or are u just referring to your other job<br /><br />Neil

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

Too cool, how deep does the ROV dive, (still connected)?

achris

sl,<br /><br />Most are rated to either 3,000 metres (10,000feet) or 5,000 metres (16,000 feet), but the deepest I've had one is 1,200 metres (about 4000 feet). A few are rated 'full ocean depth', which is 11,000 metres (36,000 feet). Some of the rigs off Brasil are operating in 2,500 metres (8,000 feet). When they become disconnected, they float. That's the way we set them up. Boss get cranky when we lose $1,000,000 worth of kit.<br /><br />gr,<br /><br />By the way you drive that thing I thought it was an ROV! :D <br /><br />Chris........

Realgun

Commander

Why you get paid to hold a joystick! :D <br /><br />Woot where do I signup?

achris

Originally posted by Realgun:<br /> Why you get paid to hold a joystick! :D <br />
Ohhhhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh! :D :D :D :D :D