Talk About Bad Luck......

ehenry

Commander
My son is in his senior year of high school. He plays football and starts on both the offensive and defensive lines. Last night was their season opening game with cross county rival Tri-County. He didn't get to play in this game because he tore his shoulder up in a scrimage game two weeks ago. The doctors have him out until September 2nd. <br /><br />Well, last last night he was on the side line with his team cheering them on. He wasn't dressed out, only wearing his jersey and kaki pants. Half time rolls around and the teams leave the field headed to the locker rooms for the half. While he was running with the team to the locker room in he stepped in a pothole thats in the road leading from the field back to the gym and turned his ankle really bad. This mornin it was all swollen and discolored. <br /><br />WHATS GONNA BE NEXT???

dolluper

Captain
Re: Talk About Bad Luck......

All part of growing up<br />The Up's and Down's<br />He has to be disappointed,all you can do is give him supportand keep his drive going,pretty tough luck I'm sure he can't wait to get back at it

aspeck

Staff member

I remember my senior season of football - similar to your sons. Finally got the starting job and the last play of the last practice with pads before the game I tore up my knee. Never played another down. Ripped up my shoulder before that but hid it from the coach. Have the shoulder scars to prove what an idiot move that was.<br /><br />Good part - life moves on, and it turns into good memories years later. Tell your son to keep his head up - it will get better eventually!

FLATHEAD

Captain

Thats a tough one. I guess when it rains it pours. Get the thing looked at hopefully it wont keep him off the Field any longer than he already is. At least they both happened at the same time. Better he twisted it now rather than after he got back on the field in a few weeks.

ehenry

Commander

He's pretty down about it. I just hope its not hurt really bad, hope its only a sprain. He is going to let the trainers look at it today. <br /><br />The school has a contract with the UMMC Medical Center and theres always two certified trainers on the field during practices and 4 trainers plus a sport medicine doctor on the field during games.

ehenry

Commander

Well, just got the report from the trainers and doctor. They had it xrayed, its a grey tooth sprain. I didnt konw ya had teeth in your ankles. They want him on crutches for a week.

tommays

Admiral

at least there not useing screws to fix him i have a coupple of those and they last for ever ;) <br /><br /><br />
f306c9e4.jpg
<br /><br />tommays

ehenry

Commander

I need hearing aids...its a Grade 2 sprain. I misunderstood what my wife was saying. <br /><br />Happens all the time. :D

magster65

Commander

Grey tooth sprain :) <br />That's funny.<br />Hope your son heals quickly.

LadyFish

Admiral

efhenry, sorry to hear about your son's (twinkle toes) injuries. :( Hopes he heals up soon. I'm sure the lawn needs mowing. ;) <br /><br />You know that hearing is one of the first things to go. :p

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Darn the luck. But im sure he will be back to 100% in no time.<br /><br />
Originally posted by efhenry:<br /> I need hearing aids...its a Grade 2 sprain. I misunderstood what my wife was saying. <br /><br />Happens all the time. :D
ef....dont blame yourself.....Ive come to the conclussion they mumble alot more as YOU get older. :D

KaGee

Admiral

Better days are coming... keep your chin up!

KRS

Banned

The injuries and permanent damage done to us in high school sports just isn't worth it. I hope he gets healthy and stays healthy, even if it means getting off the team.<br /><br />I have a SWAT team buddy that is so torn up from high school football and his job he spends almost as much time collecting disability pay as he does at work... now he wishes he didn't start the destruction so early. His last tussle ended with a herniated nack vertebrae for him.... it may be retirement time.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

That is some bad stuff EF, Hope he heals up fast. Usually the youngens do. Could of been worse. Bud of mine was playing when in high school. He was playing with friends in his backyard. Took a hit to the side of the head. He has been blind in his left eye now for 28 years. <br /><br />Wish some good luck for you and your son! :D

ehenry

Commander

Well tonight is his first game to get to play in since the season started and he's gotten over his injuries. He starts on both sides of the line as a defensive tackle and offensive end or tackle depends on where the coach wants him.<br /><br /> I hope he has a good game, plays well and doesn't get hurt. This is his senior year.<br /><br />
073453.jpg
<br /><br />Wish him luck yall! !

QC

Supreme Mariner

Good luck junior!!!

KaGee

Admiral

Break a L...errrr....Thumbs up! :)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Best of luck for this end. Hope they kick some butt!