Taking boating cert test tomorrow, need help!

robsp2000

Cadet
I'm taking my boating certification test tomorrow and I can not find the answers to a few questions that I know are on the test. if anyone can help or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.<br /><br />1 - When anchoring overnight what is the best way to drop anchor?<br /><br />2 - Who do you take instruction from in a lock? A- lock assistant B. Coast Gaurd C. Channel Guides D. Markers<br /><br />3 - What is your main responsibility in helping another boater? I believe the answer is your own safety and safety of your own boat, but I just wanted to double check.<br /><br />4 - In bad conditions what is the best away to avoid swamping or capsizing? A- Move people and gear to bow B- Move people and gear to stern C- Anchor from stern D- Anchor from bow

mattttt25

Commander
Re: Taking boating cert test tomorrow, need help!

1. i doubt anchoring procedures would be on the test, but i bet they want to hear dropping 5-7 times the depth of the water for the amount of rode.<br /><br />2. i would guess lock assistant, but not sure.<br /><br />3. i think you are correct. always maintain safety for your boat and crew, then try to assist others.<br /><br />4. easy one, anchor from bow. i'd also move people to stern second.

Boatist

Rear Admiral

1 Lower anchor and use 7 to 1 Scope then set the anchor.<br /><br />2: Lock I been thru many times it is a lock master or lock assistant. No Coast Guard, channel guid or markers. Just a guy leaning over the side telling you where and how to tie up.<br /><br />3: Your required to come to the aid of another vessel to save lives unless it would endanger your vessel and Crew.<br /><br />4: Anchor from the bow, move people and heavy gear to the centerline and low in the boat. Do not anchor from stern or load people and gear in the bow.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

agree with Boatist

robsp2000

Cadet

Thanks,<br /><br />took the test yesterday and got a 94.