Tahoe Questions?

Kalani 938

Seaman Apprentice
Hey guys, I am new to the forum and wanted to ask a few questions about Tahoe boats. I now own an 04 Xpress H56 with a 115hp yamaha 4-stroke and this summer my buddies and I fell in love with wakeboarding. Well, as you can imagine my boat is not really made for wakeboarding. It works okay, but I would like to move up to something a bit more practical. I have been doing a lot of research on Tahoes and I like what I see. I've read so many posts where customers loved them and hated them.

I found a used 2006 Q4 195 Sport near my house with a wakeboarding tower and a few other additions. From what I understand this boat only has a 135hp motor in it. How well will this work as a wakeboarding boat? I would think it would be a bit underpowered, but since it has a wakeboarding tower it has obviously been used to do so. Anybody have any info or know someone who has a Q4 and wakeboards? Does anyone know of any used Q6's anywhere in Texas? I found one I really like, but it is in MO which is about a 10 hour trip for me.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Tahoe Questions?

The 3.0 motor is fine for 17' and maybe 18' boats but on a 19' it's really going to be a dog. I'd think a 4.3 would be the minimum for what you're looking to do.

Kalani 938

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Tahoe Questions?

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking, but I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience in a Q4. I really would like at least a Q5, but can't afford a brand new boat right now.