Tahoe Q4 Standing Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephw

Cadet
I have a new to me 2006 Tahoe Q4 boat and have a question about some standing water that is coming from center storage department. The water should go back to the bilge but is blocked by this Fiberglass motor mount. Is this normal?

Attachments

• photo289255.jpg
    photo289255.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Hi

there will 100% be small tiny holes or channels in that. Just need to find them and clear.
All the best.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Yup, what q said. Mine is a different boat, but it did the same thing when I got it. I used a dowel to poke down in the water, found a small hole that was plugged. so small I cant get my little finger to fit. I will be drilling it bigger this spring, and sealing the edges with some epoxy, now that it's dry.
Edit: Looking at the pic again, It looks like you should replace the fuel filler hose also. Looks like its starting to peel off the outer rubber.

josephw

Cadet
I felt around for a hole but I’ll check again tomorrow and see if a missed it. Thank you for the responses!

josephw

Cadet
If anyone has the same boat or one very similar I would love to see what the hole actually looks like.

josephw

Cadet
So there does appear to be a channel under the mount but it looks as if someone in the past has added fiberglass to the other side. I can feel the channel on the water side but take a look at the picture. Would I be okay to drill a hole through this? It is very hard.

Attachments

• photo289267.jpg
    photo289267.jpg
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 5

josephw

Cadet
I was able to drill holes through the added fiber glass which allows it to drain now! Maybe this helps someone else in the future.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Good, if there is wood in between the glass, dry it out nd seal it though.

Clarkse69

Recruit
Sorry for posting on such an old thread but I ave this issue too. How did you get a drill into the area to make the hole?

MODERATOR EDIT: Please review the forum rules about posting to old threads and feel free to start a new thread about your same issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.