Tacoma WA inland saltwater fishing guides?

Just wanting to know if anyone might have suggestions for a guide for doing some saltwater fishing in the Tacoma area, not looking to do the deep sea thing, would rather go out on a smaller boat fishing with light to medium tackle fishing jigs or lures instead of live or cut bait. I'm going to be visiting family there in about a week and would like to see about doing something like that, more interested in a more active catch and release day that hunting down keeper fish.

Hope that kind of explains what I'm looking for, thanks in advance!

lingcod

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Tacoma WA inland saltwater fishing guides?

don't know of any guides in the tacoma area by name but there really isn't any fishing allowed except salmon. our bottomfish are ESA listed and you are coming right in the middle of our salmon run. there is nothing like hooking into a big coho or a king if you have never done it. google puget sound charters and you will come up with a few names.

lingcod

Thanks for the responce, I did find a nice guide out of Point Defiance while I was there who was what I would consider as accommodating as he could have possibly been and we did a mix of a half day of salmon fishing with some success and then went for what most people would probably consider trash fish just for a little something different. I guess there's less variety up north than what I'm used to finding when I head in the direction of florida to fish saltwater. Very fun and absolutely beautiful day spent out on Puget Sound.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

Wish I would have seen this sooner.

The fishing has been very good, but not in that area, you need to go just a little futher north, or further south (Columbia river), had you been able to do that your results would have been much better.

Thanks anyways...but yeah, too bad you didn't see it sooner, I'm back home in TN now so no more saltwater fishing for awhile.