Tachometer recommendation

harmanoff

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I’m wanting to put a tech on my jon boat. The motor is a 2002 Mercury 60hp Bigfoot. Any suggestions? Don’t wanna spend a lot but I get that I may have to spend some if ya know what I mean

Last edited:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
I’m wanting to put a tech on my job boat. The motor is a 2002 Mercury 60hp Bigfoot. Any suggestions? Don’t wanna spend a lot but I get that I may have to spend some of ya know what I meanIs it
Is it a remote center console or a tiller steering motor ?

Happy Boating

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Remote center console.
If don't want a fancy dial tach which costs way more, a nice alternative would be an induction tach with extended pick up cable.. What's the distance from the motor to the center console ?

Happy Boating

harmanoff

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Roughly 7 feet from where I’d mount the tach and follow the edge of the boat to the motor

dwco5051

Commander
My choice woud be a decent anaog unit with the pigtail to plug into yourcontrol box. Installation would be a breeze. If it is a one time use to set up for a different prop then you could get by with a cheapo digital read out induction type. An analog tach is easier to monitor and would set you back about a hundred bucks or slightly more complete with everything.

harmanoff

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have the pig tail from the previous boat the motor was on. So that will make it super easy of course. Thanks