T Top Question

G-Daddy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I would like to add a T Top to my small - 17' - center console. I have been searching the internet for t tops and the most likely candidate I have found is the one by C E Smith Company, www.cesmithco.com. The drawback with this top is that I want to be able to break it down for winter storage in a garage with 8' high doors. Does anyone have any experience with this top? Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: T Top Question

The obvious solution is to cut the vertical pipe if you can and use pins & inserts when you want it up - - then remove to put in the garage.<br /><br />I have seen many that are the fold down type. Your manufacturer would be the best one to get advice on this method.

mattttt25

Commander

i wouldn't cut my new t-top in half. first, if at all possible, ensure it's attached to the deck and console with through bolts and large washers or backing plates. i just went through this process with my hardtop and it was worth it. if it's only once a year, i would simple unbolt the top from the boat and store it. may take a few hours at the end and beginning of the season, but worth it to get the boat into the garage. good luck-

LadyFish

Admiral

We have a retractable T-Top. This way we can hoist it up in our boat slip high enough to compensate for the changing tides.<br />
watermark.php
<br /><br />Pull the pins and it rests a couple inches above the windshield. We found a place that custom makes them.