Synchronization question 10 hp

GWUISTER

Cadet
Hello all. I was checking adjustments on my Qd23. Things look pretty good but I have a question that I can't find an answer to in my manual.
The twist grip gets tight as it gets to full throttle and I have discovered the reason. When the carburator is open fully there is still an inch to go on the timing cam so the cam digs into the rubber cam follower to get to the stop.
Is this correct or should (can) the cam be adjusted for more clearance. Can the cam be moved and still be correctly synced?
Thanks, Greg

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Synchronization question 10 hp

The OTHER end of the cam can be moved to acheive correct throttle pick-up point by loosening the hex bolt holding that end.

If it is jamming that tight at WOT, maybe there is something wrong or bent in the carb linkages???

Other things can make it get tight at full throttle, not the least of which is spark plug wires being stiff. Especially those clear plastic junk.

Also, it is quite common for the twist grip to drag on the indicator ring which expands and acts like a brake. Lubricate it. I have one in the shop right now with that problem.