SX-A trim sender and gauge problem

etek14

Cadet
I recently changed my trim sender. I can adjust it where it is on the line for trim down but it tops out trim up at 3/4 on the gauge. After finding a link in the forums by Don I noticed it stated the ohms should be 600 ohms across the potentiometer, I have 730 ohms. When I remove sender and adjust for proper upper limit on gauge then insert back to drive housing, now trim down is bottoming out before the bottom line on the gauge. I know I can parallel a 3.4k resistor across the trim sender Potentiometer to get 600 ohms but not sure this will solve my problem.

Volvo Penta 3.0GLP-J
SX-A 1.97 SN# 1202211719
TRIM SENDER PART# 21484383

etek14

Cadet
Re: SX-A trim sender and gauge problem

I have tried adjustment to sender to no avail, manually turning the sender till gauge reads full trim up on gauge gives me 200 ohms but if I install the sender on the housing in the full down position and sender adjusted for that, then trim the drive up it only reaches 3/4 up on gauge and unplugging and reading sender has 120 ohms. Obviously its not reaching the 200 for max up reading on gauge. Any ideas, you would think for $250 for a $5 pot wrapped in plastic that you wouldnt have these problems. :D