switching toons

clownin

Cadet
Wondering if there is a left and a right for the toons ...bought toon and outside looks ruff , inside looks perfect could I switch them around with no prob.

Todd4

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: switching toons

The toons themselves are the same shape. The mounting brackets on top (to mount the toon to the under-deck bracing) may be different. Also, there may be different brackets welded to the rear cap for things like tansducers, aerator pumps, ladder mounts, etc. If none of this affects you (or you can work around it) the tube can be swapped left for right.

Todd

clownin

Cadet

I think I'm gonna do it ...the only thing I've notice will change is the live well pump will be more tords the middle instead of the outside...

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Check the brackets especially at the front of the nose cone and if it is a radius bow boat, if it is a straight bow you may be okay.

At least on our boats the only thing that makes a tube port or starboard is the trans/pump bracket and the nose cone brackets but all of our boats are radius bow.

It will be alot of really hard work as you will have to support the boat to remove both tubes and not tear tyhem up while switching them around, it is certainly doable though.