switch wiring question

mellocj

Seaman
I bought a West Marine 6-switch panel. There are red wires that feed all 6 fuses, then the other side of a fuse on each switch is a wire that goes to the bottom of a 3-pole switch. the other side of the 3-pole switch is black wires connecting the same point on every switch. The middle pole on the switch is empty, I assume this is where my accessories plug in.<br /><br />I put a FM radio on "acc 1" and it worked fine. I have a separate bus bar for all of the negative wires. But, then I put a CB radio on "Acc 2" and it would come on if the switch for acc 2 was off, but the acc 1 switch was on. And, the light on the switch would only come on if the CB radio was on.<br /><br />Then I ran a ground wire to the black set of wires on the back of the switch panel, that seemed to break the circuits. <br /><br />Are the lights in the switches wired in series or in parallel? I would assume series since they work without a ground wire run to the switch panel. Any help ?<br /><br />thanks<br /><br />Mark

mellocj

Seaman
Re: switch wiring question

Nevermind. Somehow, I have fixed it.. There must have been a short somewhere