Swing away and Lights

cbass74429

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Is there a kit, to make a trailer a swing away tounge?I know the basics of what has to be done, just want to know if kit is made? It is a Stratos trailer.With surge brakes.
Also Ideas to give more back up light! For those dark ramps...
Thank You

KeyWestBoater

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Swing away and Lights

I would first check with Stratos, maybe check their web site or call them to see if they make one. If they do it for sure it will be expensive. Boaters World and West Marine don't have a kit. I think there are too many types of tubing for a universal kit. I would try a good trailer/welding shop. I'm sure they can knock it out a lot cheaper than buying one from Stratos. I have a swing tongue and I just had the swinging end made 2' longer. If your trailer is galvanized make sure they build it out of the same stuff! :D

For the lights the places above have all kinds of trailer lights. Maybe put some lights at the top of your trailer guides. They make kits for that.

KeyWestBoater

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Swing away and Lights

I would first check with Stratos, maybe check their web site or call them to see if they make one. If they do it for sure it will be expensive. Boaters World and West Marine don't have a kit. I think there are too many types of tubing for a universal kit. I would try a good trailer/welding shop. I'm sure they can knock it out a lot cheaper than buying one from Stratos. I have a swing tongue and I just had the swinging end made 2' longer. If your trailer is galvanized make sure they build it out of the same stuff! :D