Suzuku tilt / trim

Strike 1

Cadet
All of the sudden my 1996 Suzuki DT-115 doesn't tilt up. I took off the ignition cover and can hear and feel the solenoid click when I hit the up toggle switch but nothing happends. The down tilt works fine, but now its down so far I'm afraid to trailor it anywhere. Is there at least a way I can raise it manually? :confused: All of the wires look fine should I try and reverse the wires going to the pump and put the up wire on the down solenoid?

wgr270

Cadet
Re: Suzuku tilt / trim

I just had this same problem with the DT200 although mine worked on the motor but not at the shifter.<br />I reversed the wires (behind the dashboard) and it raised it which led me to believe it wasn't making contact. I cleaned both ends and so far it's been fine.<br /><br />Good luck!

45_red

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The manual I have(Clymers) only covers up to 1991, so your motor may be different; It shows a hex head screw at the base of the pump which you would turn two turns counterclockwise to bypass the pump.If you keep turning it you will remove the valve.

Strike 1

Cadet

OK, thanks to your help I was able to raise the engine so I can now trailor it. There is a screw marked "M VALVE" I unscrewed it two turns and was able to raise the engine. cool