Suzuki or No Suzuki

saaabe

Seaman
Hello, I have a boat with i/o engine and I'm planning on trading the boat for open fishermen with a out board motor. the question is are Suzuki any good out board engine talk yesterday with a sea tow captain and he said they are the best for the money but my boat mechanic recommends Yamaha (a litter top of for my wallet) am between Suzuki and Honda

will appreciated any info. THANKS..:confused:

v12mac

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Suzuki or No Suzuki

I am a Yamaha guy to the core. But when it came time to repower, anyway I sliced it I kept coming up Suzuki.

Many years back I got a "free" v6 2stroke Zuki on a 21' Velocity that was used as a picture boat and I swore them off forever. I have to say I am a proud Suzuki owner now, and that was a long way for me to go! In fact I often get accused of working for Suzuki with all the sunshine I blow out my arse about how well my boat runs now.

I think it all comes down to dealer support in your area.

saaabe

Seaman

thank v12mac I have been asking around and have not found many Suzuki service centers in the area...

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

also disscuss with other suzuki owners about when and if you ever need warrenty work.suzuki and honda both make good products but in my salt pond they corrode fairly bad.
but if you have access to a convienent service center go with it.
I am a master tech with a yamaha dealer and I am biased towards yamaha due to the quality,warrenty and customer support.

deejaycee_2000

Captain

I have owned many suzuki's and I would def take a yamaha over a suzuki any day!

JRJ

Commander

I had such good luck with my DF115, I'd buy another one.

8hygro

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yamaha is in an entirely different league of engineering, QC, product support, franchise network and overall company attitude and direction than Suzuki. Not even close...if you are willing to pay it is Yamaha all the way!

Suzuki as company is having issues that are dictating some drastic measures.

8hygro