Suzuki not firing

wingnit

Seaman Apprentice
1989 200 Suzuki. The motor is not firing on one whole bank. Could this be a trigger causing this?

wingnit

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Suzuki not firing

Well.... found out yesterday that the motor is a 1988. Anyway, it turns out that there is a warning module that turns off one bank when it detects a cooling or oiling problem. The part is known as a "low oil warning reset module" ($150.00). It seems this is a common problem for the 86 thru 88 models as they age. This switch was not used in the 89 and up models (new and improved if you will). With the newer models they incorporated the warning system into the ignition control module ($976.00). Sure am glad mine is an 1988.<br /><br />
smile.gif
<br />Mark

Walter

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thanks for the follow up Mark. That's good information...I'm taking notes.<br /><br />Walt

wingnit

Seaman Apprentice

Good Morning All
smile.gif
<br /><br />Just thought I would follow up on the Suzuki saga! I installed the module last night and everything is back to normal. It is finally firing on all six cylinders. BTW....also worth noting is that this motor has 2 spark plugs per cylinder. I have found during all the testing that this motor would not run well on Champions. Runs excellent on NGK's.<br /><br />Thanks again to all,<br /><br />Mark
smile.gif