Suzuki DT75 engine

longjess

Cadet
Will the bottom unit fluid replacement hole accept a Lubrimatic screw in to replace fluids or does Suzuki's require a different fitting? Also on my Suzuki DT75 theres two screws on the upper bottom unit. One says oil drain. I have not seen those on the Johnson and Evinrude engines. Was wondering if replacing the fluid in the lower unit was different on Suzuki's?

Joe S.

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Suzuki DT75 engine

Changing the fluid is no different. I had a DT75 on my old boat but forget what the other upper screw is for. Just release the lower screw and the upper right hand side screw. Fill from the bottom until it comes out.

cclemon

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have an 1983 DT50. It has the same plug configuration you described. On the lower unit there are three plugs one on the bottom and two on the top. The top right plug says "OIL". The top left plug says "FLUSH".

longjess

Cadet

I plan on changing the lower unit fluid on this Suzuki DT75. Do you know if the screws have nylon or gaskets of any type? Wanted to know before un-screwing them.

Joe S.

Seaman Apprentice

They do have washer type gaskets on them. Should be able to reuse them in most cases, if not I believe even West Marine carries them.