Suzuki DT25 Not cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgrivois

Cadet
Ive got a 93 dt25 thats not cooling properly. sometimes water comes out tell tail hole and sometimes not. when it does come out, it eventualy goes away. replaced water pump impeller, wear plate, gasket, but not housing. I flatened housing on sander so it sits flat. Ive replaced thermostat, and exhaust gaskets. I think exhaust in preventing proper water preasure. any help please.<br />Craig<br />Columbia South Carolina

cgrivois

Cadet
Re: Suzuki DT25 Not cooling

Ive also checked for debree inside exhaust covers and around cylenders, and inspected exhaust plate for holes. nothing. the bottom of the copper pickup tube does appear to be broken, cant tell how much is broken off, or if length of tube has changed. looks like very small break at angle, I suppose this will be my next replace. Any info please<br /><br />Craig<br />Columbia SC

D

DJ

Craig,<br /><br />You just nailed it! If the tube is cracked it will not hold a steady pressure in the system. It keeps trying to catch up but cannot becuase of the leak.

cgrivois

Cadet

a peice of the tube is broke off at the very bottom, still apears to completly fit inside gromit on impeller housing. hard to tell how much is broke off, just apears to be a little piece. not sure if the length of the tube has changed. still think this may be the prob.<br />thanks for the reply.<br /><br />Craig<br />Columbia SC

Walker

Captain

After you've eliminated all the rest of the possibilities it might be your powerhead base gasket blown out between the exhaust and water intake passage. This would be the last thing I'd check as it entails pulling the powerhead.

BigFellaQld

Cadet

These used to drive us nuts, and the only way to cure it is to remove the powerhead. Once that is off, you will see 2 holes which dump water into the trunk, to keep the megaphone area of the trunk cool. The holes are about 5-6mm. Block one of them up, prefably by welding, but I used an alloy filler for the first couple, as I was unsure if it would work, and the problem goes away. I was skeptical at first, but eventually Suzuki brought out a service bulletin, which said the same thing as we had been doing. As you were saying, it is a very frustrating problem, and we have traded motors in for a fraction of their real value, because the owners have had them to 4 or 5 shops, and messed around with them, until they are thoroughly sick of them, when the repair is actually a quite easy fix, takes about 1 or 2 hours. Let us know how you go<br /><br />Regards, Paul

cgrivois

Cadet

thanks for the reply bigfellaold, the only holes that I see that seem to match the dimensions you gave me, about a 1/4 in standard, there apear to be three of these hole in a row. they are located just beneath the bottom piston undernieth the the block. in your post you stated that there are two of these holes. Am I in the right location? Thanks for the help so far. wish this forum would let me add pic to my post so we can picpoint location. still all in all good forum.<br /><br />Craig<br />Columbia SC.

cgrivois

Cadet

got it, ok bigfellaqld are these the holes that your talked about in your post? please point me in the right direction. and thanks for the help bear.<br />Craig<br /><br />
DT25.jpg

markdj

Recruit
I'm working on a DT25 that exhibits the same problem. Any help would be appreciated, is it the 3 1/4 inch holes at rear of the exhaust tube?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm working on a DT25 that exhibits the same problem. Any help would be appreciated, is it the 3 1/4 inch holes at rear of the exhaust tube?

These thread is 17 YEARS OLD! Not one poster in the thread has visited in years. You won't get any help in this thread. Start a new thread of your own.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.