Suzuki DF50 nuetral safety switch removal

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
why would you want to?

since we have no idea if you have a tiller or remote motor that could have a big difference

why would you want to?

since we have no idea if you have a tiller or remote motor that could have a big difference
It is a remote control. need to change switch on engine and cannot get wire out. Need some advice on how to get wire out and new one in

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
since this is a remote operated motor, not a tiller.
the neutral safety switch will be in the remote control not in the motor.

at least that is the way all the boats I have owned have been rigged, but I never owned a Suzuki

Last edited:
since this is a remote operated motor, not a tiller.
the neutral safety switch will be in the remote control not in the motor.

at least that is the way all the boats I have owned have been rigged, but I never owned a Suzuki
Suzuki puts one in both places. I by-passed the one in the remote control. This one is on side of motor and the wire runs behind the intake manifold with very little space..,THANKS

mpate

Recruit
Suzuki puts one in both places. I by-passed the one in the remote control. This one is on side of motor and the wire runs behind the intake manifold with very little space..,THANKS
I am facing the same dilemma on DF30A outboard. There is no easy way to access the lower screw to remove the switch. Does anyone have a bypass option possibly? All of the brackets and controls need to be shifted out of the way.

Awisz

Recruit
I am facing the same dilemma on DF30A outboard. There is no easy way to access the lower screw to remove the switch. Does anyone have a bypass option possibly? All of the brackets and controls need to be shifted out of the way.
I have the same dilemma on my 2001 DF50.
Did you ever get a response on how to remove& replace the Neutral Safety switch? Are there videos or photo instruction online?