Suzuki DF140a 4 Blade Prop

dolfan1710

Seaman
Is anyone running one? I’d like to try it but apparently Suzuki doesn’t make one. For what I use my boat for, tubing, skiiing, cruising, I think a 4 blade may be beneficial. Just wondering if anyone is running one and how they like it and what they are running? How does it compare to the 3 blade?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Without any wot rpm posted data as currently loaded with current 3 blade prop whichever pitch is it it's a bad idea going towards a 4 blade prop blindly. For a correct prop maximization need to know the wot min-max rpm range factory stated for that HP motor to be compared with the wot rpm achieved as described. If don't have an installed tach to check that out won't see the light at the end of the tunnel any time soon...

Happy Boating

Last edited:

racerone

Supreme Mariner
You may find that Johnson / Evinrude used the same propshaft dimensions / spline count.----Talk to a local dealer for advice here.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
I was running a 3 blade Laser II 20" SS prop and changed to a 19" SS Solace 4 blade. Anything requiring better prop to water contact was enhanced. Top end drop as a result of dropping 1" in pitch and adding the less efficient 4 vs 3 blade design only resulted in a drop from 47 to 45 MPH. Well worth the effort and moderate cost of the Solace prop at $275 new.