Suzuki 200 minor RPM Problem

wingnit

Seaman Apprentice
It is a 1988 200 HP Suzuki.<br />BTW....this is the same motor that was having fuel starvation problems. <br /><br />Finally got to test the motor today and was a little disappointed. At WOT motor twists to 5500 and then falls back a little to ~ 5300. Changed plugs back to Champions and found that it runs like garbage with them. <br /><br />Question 1: What are the advantages of gapping the plugs at 35 verses 40?<br /><br />Question 2: I noticed that the bow doesn't lift as much as it used to. After examining the hydro stabilizers on the cavitation plate I noticed that they are bowing upward. Is this normal or do they need to be replaced?<br /><br />I have purchased a jackplate that will push the motor back 6.5". I know this will help.<br /><br />Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.<br /><br /><br /><br />------------------<br />Mark<br /><br />Thought for the day..... If everything seems to be going well, you have<br />obviously overlooked something.

wingnit

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Suzuki 200 minor RPM Problem

O.K. And now for another episode of As Your Stomach Turns.<br /><br />RPM problem is now solved. Found out today why motor doesn't perform well with Champion plugs. Spoke to dealer and explained situation, and this is what we have found.<br /><br />Recently I had to change the system warning module in this motor. This was due to installing nonresistor plugs in the motor. This motor is an Exante' and uses a voice (audio) warning system. Th nonresistor plugs put out RF energy (a field) and cause the warning sytem to constantly test itself. As the module heats up the audio unit stutters (repeats itself every 2 seconds) resulting in additional heat resulting in module failure. The loss of RPM is due to the warning system becoming confused and telling the computer is is in alarm. Turning off the key resets the condition temporarily. If you are running a Suzuki with the audio system, I strongly recommend that you use NGK resistor type plugs. Also worth noting is that the original spark plug gap setting from the factory when new was .040. As per the manufacturer they now recommend .035.<br /><br />Sorry this was so long, but I thought this might save someone else the time and expense that I have invested.<br /><br />Mark <br /><br />------------------<br />Mark<br /><br />Thought for the day..... If everything seems to be going well, you have<br />obviously overlooked something.

substuff

Cadet
Re: Suzuki 200 minor RPM Problem

yes mark is right you must use ngk plugs<br />factory specified ones<br />unfortionaly your another suzuki victem<br />expensive parts bad service dealers in miami<br />I have a suzuki they would be num one in world if only the dealer support was better<br />they they wouldnt rape people for service jobs