Suzuki 115 4 stroke oil pan

bbach

Seaman Apprentice
I'm looking at a used 2001 Suzuki 115 4 stroke. The story is that at the 200 hour service, a crack was discovered in the oil pan and it was replaced under warrantee. The owner didn't want to wait for parts and repowered with a new 140. A local Suzuki dealer says to be especially cautious as replacing the oil pan is a major deal on these motors to do it right. My local guy also was pretty concerned that it was a saltwater motor especially since this is an efi engine. He says that the salt is tough on the efi components. He also says Suzuki parts are tough to get and pricey but they are overall a good motor. I'm still considering it as the price is pretty attractive. Is my local guy just being super cautious or is this a valid concern? Are cracked oil pans a common issue with these motors? Any other thoughts? Thanks. – Bud

JRJ

Commander
Re: Suzuki 115 4 stroke oil pan

It was a major job to replace the pan, however if the motor looks good, runs good, and isn't leaking oil anywhere then just how cheap is it? They are great motors.

bbach

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks JIT and JRJ. Price is just under $4k. Good price? It would be difficult to see the engine in person as it is out of state and the transaction would be based on the word of the seller.

JRJ

Commander

NADA value is $3300 to $3700. I wouldn't buy it without seeing and running it.