Susquehanna/York Co.

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Susquehanna/York Co.

Use the "Search Forum" tool to look for threads containing "Susquehanna". There are several of them.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I found one! :D

I boat at Goldsboro, Lake Clarke (Long Level), and Conowingo.

Cal195

Seaman Apprentice

is conowingo larger area than long level? This is my first year on the water....i have been putting in at otter creek. sort of small but not a lot of other boaters to deal with. Long Level is a lot closer, but looks very busy. I think i will try it though.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Conowingo is 3 times the size of Long Level. Put in next to Peach Bottom nuclear and it's wide open all the way down to the dam. Up river you kinda have to know where you're going (above Muddy Creek). Long Level is great on weekdays but I won't go near it on the weekends. Never been to Aldred.

Blue Crabber

Ensign

I used to be, but then I found the Upper Chesapeake Bay and have hardly been back to the river. If you are going to Conowingo, then its just another hop, skip and jump away. You can go as faaaaaaaaaaar as you want down there! :)

Cal195

Seaman Apprentice

I would love to ....but do u think my 17' sea ray is too small for that water? 3.0 4cyl.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

If you are going to Conowingo, then its just another hop, skip and jump away.

This is true for you Lancaster guys but not quite as much for Yorkers. Still a do-able day trip

I would love to ....but do u think my 17' sea ray is too small for that water? 3.0 4cyl.

Watch the weather and you'll be fine. I had my 18' out there last year. The wakes from the bigger boats can be a little hairy but if you're careful you'll be fine.

Lake Raystown is also awesome if you've never been out there.

Raystownboater

Chief Petty Officer

Not too small! However, EZ will eventually make you upgrade to an aluminum hull with an OB if you plan on hanging out with him :D