Survived Ivan!

Stratosfied

Ensign
Hello Friends, We have survived Ivan with the eye passing 28 miles west of us. We in the Brewton and Atmore Alabama area have been slammed. The folks on the coast of Florida and Alabama have been hit hard as well. Brewton has many many trees down and many homes are destroyed or badly hurt. Our home had only shingles blown off and three trees which went down on my neighbors fence. Some leaking thru the roof in the den. My Inlaws had a big pine tree in there dining room. However, no one in this area was injured or killed! We were without power for 6 days and I just got an ISP going. (I have a cable modem but...).The most amazing thing is that we even have power now. The people in this community along with all the relief workers have been fantastic. Perhaps some of the utility workers came out of your area, if so please tell them all thanks and that we do apprieciate them so much. To all my friends on iboats, thanks for you prayers during this time. Thanks again

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Survived Ivan!

Good news! Love good news! Glad to hear you're okay. Thanks for checking in.<br />Bassy

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: Survived Ivan!

Hang in there Stratosfied.<br /><br />Glad to hear you didn't have anyone hurt and had just a little damage and now have got most of your utilities back up and running. Hopefully life can return to normal in the very near future. <br /><br />The parent company of the company I work for (WE Energies- Yes that makes me a weenie) sent 100 people, and equipment down about a month ago to florida and from what I have heard, they have not been back since. No sacrifice here based on the conditions you folks are enduring down there.<br /><br />Our prayers go out for you and your neighbors.