Surf fishing on VA Eastern Shore

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class
I’m ready to take up surf fishing again – it’s been a while – since I was 16 or so – we won’t go into how long it’s been. Since we’re in F’burg we thought about heading over to Virginia’s Eastern Shore and giving it a go one of the coming weekends. <br /><br />I’d appreciate hearing from anyone with locations, techniques, suggestions, etc. All input/advice will be welcome.<br /><br />Thanks, tcube

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Surf fishing on VA Eastern Shore

I read a book by Robert Roark, written in the fifties, Called "The old man and the boy". In this paperback it's all they did was fish and hunt along that part of the east coast. I read this when I was 11 years old. I re-read it again last year, when I was 12. Great stuff! He discusses the type of tackle and techniques they used. You can order it online at barnes and noble, used! Roark grew up to be a big game guide and hunter in Africa. Good stuff!..sl BTW nest year i'll be close to 11 again.

nofish95

Cadet
Re: Surf fishing on VA Eastern Shore

Try Sandbridge, it's just a little south of Va. Beach, also the point at Cape Hatteras is the place for surf fishing. But if your going to the Eastern shore try Kiptopeake State Park<br /><br />Tight lines and screamin' reels<br /><br />nofish