Supreme Court candidates

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
With everyone worked up over the importance of the Supreme Court nomination and personal freedoms, does anyone find it nuts that Bush is looking for a minority or a woman to fill the vacancy?<br /><br />With so much at risk, wouldn't the "BEST" candidate be the one nominated regardless of race or gender. All men (women) are created equal or so I was told. Wouldn't putting these self imposed restrictions by definition be un-American and mearly political?

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: Supreme Court candidates

Wouldn't putting these self imposed restrictions by definition be un-American and mearly political?
But regretably, it is politicaly correct and thats what the Government (driven by the Media, Civil Rights Activist ect. ect.) seems to be so concerned about on MOST issues. Arrrggggg :mad:

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Would you expect anything but that from W??? Look at some of the people he has appointed to his cabinet. Any of his cabinet with a minimum of half a brain left him after 4 years? Wonder why.<br /><br />imaWfan,<br /><br />John

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I thought that was a Lib idea. I guess it was really a media idea.<br /><br />GW has said nothing to support that gossip.<br /><br />Can't you guys wait until he does something to attack him over it?

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

JB,<br /><br />Nor would he ever say anything to support the gossip... or truth if it places him in a negative light, ha. Have you ever listened to him talk?<br /><br />Are you suggesting he has done nothing? <br /><br />I thought Osama was enemy #1 after 9/11. However, we waited 6 months before attacking. Then after waiting 6 months, we attacked another country for unfounded reasoning.<br /><br />"They could still be hidden, like the 50 tons of mustard gas on a turkey farm." —George W. Bush, on Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, Washington, D.C. , April 13, 2004<br /><br />"We all thought there was weapons there, Robin. My opponent thought there was weapons there." —George W. Bush, second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004<br /><br />If we attacked because of WMD, I think we should have made sure they really had them. If we attacked for other reasons, then we should have been told.<br /><br /><br />...and Osama roams free. We have brave women and men giving there lives for unfounded reasons. I have nothing but respect for those that have been put in harms way due to W's poor decision. I hope they all come home safely, soon.<br /><br />I wonder if Hussein having gone after his father had any influence in his decision making?<br /><br />"The recession started upon my arrival. It could have been — some say February, some say March, some speculate maybe earlier it started — but nevertheless, it happened as we showed up here. The attacks on our country affected our economy. Corporate scandals affected the confidence of people and therefore affected the economy. My decision on Iraq, this kind of march to war, affected the economy." —George W. Bush, Meet the Press, Feb. 8, 2004<br /><br />You know JB, not only does he make it easy to make fun of him, it is fun.<br /><br />Of course, this is just my opinion,<br />John

Skinnywater

Commander

Good, maybe he'll nominate Antonin Scalia's wife and daughter-in-law. His sister too, if he has one.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I agree with JB, Pres Bush hasnt said anything about who he will pick. Its the stupid idiot media doing all that talk.<br /><br />Ken

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

i think he sucks,,,all he can say is iraq..............and he does apoint minoritys to his public positions in a purley political move style.......not to say they wernt qualified ......there is no more apple pie and baseball games ,that dosent exist globaly....

Skinnywater

Commander

i think he sucks,,,all he can say is iraq..............and he does apoint minoritys to his public positions in a purley political move style.......not to say they wernt qualified ......
Wow...hmmm..all that debating with Ralph has made me punch drunk. That one went way over my head. :eek: ... :)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I need a clarification. Two minority sec. of states, latino attorney general, countless judgeships, sec of the interior is a woman, sec of commerce is latino, sec of labor is an asian woman, sec of education is a woman, HUD director is a black american Alphonso Jackson. And lets not forget the little stunt the dems pulled on Linda Chavez, a highly qualified latino woman. All these minorities are unqualified? But this is just politics I guess. Not enough homosexuals? This cabinet looks alot more like america than say, Bill Clinton's. The neat thing is President Bush lets these people do their jobs, not send his wife in to fire everyone who has a camera or tape recorder. I sure wish we could get bill and the reprobates back for another four year term of serial lying, and open up the Lincoln bedroom for business again, and raffle off pardons to those with the most money, heck let's sell some nuclear secrets to the chi-coms for some campaign cash. Sandy Burgler, there is a non political appointment, isn't he being sentenced this week for stealing national secrets. Remember Ron Brown, Bill liked him so much that when he died in the plane crash during the trade mission (good one huh? more like bribe mission) bill laughed it up at his funeral until the cameras were turned on him. Less we forget Hill's little PMS trot through the travel office handing out pink slips and slotting in her friends with whom she owed favors. No style there, just dishonesty. Did the Bush's ever get the silverware back. I know the carpet was replace in the oral office. Who paid for that and why didn't the clintons steal that on the way out?<br /><br />Bush is consistant in his support of the qualified, and not just to meet quotas or impress the press. They just write lies about him anyway.<br /><br />My problem with Bush right now is he already knows his top three. The first one will be shouted down by fools like Ted Kennedy. I would like to see him try and pull off a philibuster. More than six hours without a drink, no way. The role of the president is to appoint judges, that is part of his job, the people who voted for him know this, he won the election, he should get his judges. Nominate and move forward. This pandering to placate the liberals really makes me sick.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by POINTER94:<br />I need a clarification.
Just exactly on what do you need clarification? Where the silverware is?

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by JB:<br /> I thought that was a Lib idea. I guess it was really a media idea.
Aren't they one-in-the-same?

Ralph 123

Captain

Wow, where did all these new vitriolic Bush haters come from? I think PW must be recruiting over at the Democratic Underground (affectionately known as DU). That reminds me, off to Free Republic to read the latest installment of the DU funnies... those wacky, madcap fun loving DU folks just crack me up! :D <br /><br />Hey Skinnywater - the debate is good for us - it sharpens the focus ;)