Super computer

eeboater

Commander
I know this article contains a lot of techno-garble. But IBM came up with the fastest computer! Twice as fast as the former "fastest computer." Most interestingly:<br /><br />-----------------------------------------------<br /><br />The computers that generated Lord of the Rings characters and places - Gollum, the Balrog, and Middle Earth - are now available for hire, for example. The cluster of 1,008 computers in New Zealand can be rented on-demand, on a per hour, per processor basis.<br /><br />Already the supercomputer is being used to design a super yacht and test gene sequencing algorithms. <br /><br /><br /> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4379261.stm

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Super computer

interesting Sean..<br /><br />it like reading German for me tho.. <br /><br />I recognise some stuff but,<br /><br />.. it don't make no sense :p :D

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Man, I bet that will pull a vacuum on an electric circuit.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

EE, your new avatar blows. I much prefer jessica to some dancin' fool.<br />Peace

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by myoutboards:<br /> thats not just some fool, thats napolien dynamite
Oh, well in that case....<br />I thought Jessica was dynamite.

eeboater

Commander

Hmmmmmm..... Yeah, I think you're right. I have to go back to my Girlfriend.<br /><br /><br />Sean

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Is my vacuum tube stock gonna go down? Guess I'd better get rid of my slide rule stock too.