Sunbrella View

HeadnSouth

Seaman
I'm considering using it to shade from my bimini to the snaps below the windshield and a bit to the sides. The guy that did my cockpit cover suggested black as a color (it matches the trim on my cover, my bimini is green) but I'm afraid it'll be too hot.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments? Has anyone used this before? What do you think?

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Sunbrella View

Mine is black-- any heat drawn is not noticed. It is about 1' above my head standing and much higher sitting. During cold weather with side and rear curtains it is warmer but from sun coming in the isinglass and being captured. If/when it needs replaced- it will be black again.

frantically relaxing

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Whatever differences in heat values that color may affect will be negligible at best. Every weekend when I pull the blue covers off our Chap, the cover poles are almost too hot to grab with my hands, from the top clear to the floor. The heat inside the boat is amazing. And if my covers were white, I can pretty much guarantee that I'd notice NO difference. When out in the open air, things won't change much either.

HeadnSouth

Seaman

Yes I totally agree with the interior of the boat being extremely hot with the cover on. It looks like I'm going with the black. I think it'll look awesome. Thanks again for the input.