Sun Coast Clipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rathlee

Cadet
I am completing a total refurbishment, (including a new transom) of a 13 ft SunCoast Clipper lapstrake fiberglas fishing boat. Can anyone provide information on this manufacturer? The boat was built in the 60's or 70's and has no Vin number. It's an extremely sturdy and beautiful looking boat but I can't find out anything about it. Thanks. (Rathlee)

iowaboater1

Recruit
Re: Sun Coast Clipper

I own a suncoast II but I haven't been able to find anything on it online.

Rathlee

Cadet
Re: Sun Coast Clipper

Sorry for the belated Thank You for your response. I had some trouble registering my Sun Coast but I finally got it done. This is one of the best looking little boats I've ever owned but it's also a 'mystery boat' as no one knows where or who built it. I have added a lot of varnished oak to the seats, etc, installed a Boston Whaler rub rail and wanted a 'vintage' engine but got ripped off on E-Bay by someone selling me an 'Estate Sale' Sea King "running fine'. The lower lower unit had been stripped of everything. I bought another Chrysler 'vintage' and I'm waiting for delivery. Learned a lot about E-Bay purchases in the process when the seller 'disappears'. Now I'm looking for the lower unit for the Sea King. Ah..the joys of boating.
Vinny

Harborseal2

Recruit
I am completing a total refurbishment, (including a new transom) of a 13 ft SunCoast Clipper lapstrake fiberglas fishing boat. Can anyone provide information on this manufacturer? The boat was built in the 60's or 70's and has no Vin number. It's an extremely sturdy and beautiful looking boat but I can't find out anything about it. Thanks. (Rathlee)
I owned a Suncoast clipper back in the late 60's. I currently found one on a craigslist out of Fort Myers Fl. that states they were manufactured in ft. myers, where I bought mine used from someone. I cannot find any information about them online though. There is a Suncoast Fiberglass products co. in Ft. myers currently, but they don't make boats.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Closed

Please follow the 90day inactive guideline

Status
Not open for further replies.