Suggestions Needed

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer
LF & I are members of a Mardi Gras krewe. This year's MG theme is "Red, White & Blue". The first krewe meeting is tomorrow and so far we don't have any ideas for the float. Since there are so many creative folks here I thought I'd ask for suggestions. <br /><br />Info: There are 50 people involved in the krewe. The float is a 38' goose neck trailer. There are 2 tiers on the trailer. Last year's theme was "Rock & Roll". We made the trailer into a '57 Chevy convertable.<br />Any & all ideas are appreciated.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Suggestions Needed

Red, white and blue?<br />No better float than one of ol glory, IMO.

ndemge

Commander

can you build this?....<br /><br />
wtc-firefighters-raising-flag-flores.jpg

NYMINUTE

Captain

Sorry MrLF, couldn't increase the size.<br /><br />Hey? why not a red, white, blue Vessel...on wheels.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

No suggestions, but an idea. Somehow mix a patriotic theme with a mix of all of the cultures that make this country what it is. All people blending as one nation?<br />If you don't want a warm fuzzy loving float, do a military float showing the history of our great nation displaying all of the wars and conflicts we have been in. <br />Red White and Blue make me think of a nation united leading the never ending fight for freedom happieness and equality of all men.<br /><br />Somehow cap it off with the declaration of independance.<br /><br />If you do the military theme, show all branches. Depends on how much work is going into it, use hydrolics and fly an air force fighter above, float a battleship below. <br /><br />In my old high school we had a big homecoming parade every year. We would compete for prizes for the best float. My shop class always took first because we would pull ours with a tractor and animate it with the tractor hydraulics.

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

A big red white and blue Uncle Sam hat. Along with all the krewe members wearing Uncle Sam hats.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

From a Lynard Skynard song<br /><br />My necks always been red<br />My collars (as in shirt collar) blue<br />And my hair is white.<br /><br />Ken

spratt

Lieutenant

Mr. LF, sir...you just do whatever Mrs. LF tells you to do!! Everybody will be happy then, OK?

spratt

Lieutenant

Oh, BTW...is she aware that you have even ASKED other folks for suggestions or ideas????? You may be in for the worst nigth of your marriage...you may wanna se if you can bribe the Mods into deleting this THREAD NOW!!!!

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

A red white blue eagle <br /><br />A towel head in it's beak<br /><br />A keg in it's belly<br /><br />And a place to take a leak.

ebbtide176

Commander

a tribute to all the leaders of great importance, from the state of TX. make a silhouette of tx, and have little placards showing the towns/areas ea came from. make some lifesize replica's

ebbtide176

Commander

maybe for humor you could make a huge pinata with mex prez VFox busting it open and a dozen or so mexicans falling out. you know, maybe name the pinata "usa/mexico border" or something :D

ebbtide176

Commander

some people posed as the dixie chicks standing on the freeway in nashville, with a 'texas or bust' sign, holding their thumbs out? :p

ebbtide176

Commander

a boat named ladyfish with a galveston bay logo on the side

ebbtide176

Commander

and my last thought - a missle blasting off into outer space with saddam hussein hogtied on it, with compliments of nasa

ebbtide176

Commander

well ok, i re-read your instructions.<br /><br />a recreation like a july4th celebration, where a big tugboat is shooting colored streams of water(confetti) up in the air

Mr.Ladyfish

Thanks for the ideas guys. We'll be heading to the meeting in a couple of hours and you've given me some things to get the discussion going.<br /> I'll let y'all know what is decided and get LF to post some pics when the float is done.<br /><br />
Mr. LF, sir...you just do whatever Mrs. LF tells you to do!! Everybody will be happy then, OK?
LOL, Ain't that the truth!

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Build a boat float, paint the top red for the blood of the soldiers who have given their life for freedom, the middle white for the spirit that gives everybody the hope and belief to carry on, and the bottom blue for recognition of the air and water that carries us all through this life no matter what our beliefs.<br />Flying from the stern on a chain have a drum with a fire burning to show warmth and support for the folk in the parade. Have the truck towing it draped with a chain and anchor over the front to symbolise the entrenched and unalterable approach to freedom we all hold so very dear.<br />Ross

Mr.Ladyfish

We went to the meeting last night and things are rolling along but the theme is still undecided. Getting 50 people to agree on anything is difficult. We did all agree that parking the float trailer along the parade route the week before our parade to use as a base of operations for bar-b-queing and beer drinking was an excellant idea. <br /><br />we have until Jan. 7th to decide on the theme and LF has been all over the www this morning getting ideas. I appreciate y'alls input.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Ross J:<br /> Build a boat float, paint the top red for the blood of the soldiers who have given their life for freedom, the middle white for the spirit that gives everybody the hope and belief to carry on, and the bottom blue for recognition of the air and water that carries us all through this life no matter what our beliefs.<br />Flying from the stern on a chain have a drum with a fire burning to show warmth and support for the folk in the parade. Have the truck towing it draped with a chain and anchor over the front to symbolise the entrenched and unalterable approach to freedom we all hold so very dear.<br />Ross
That is an AWESOME idea Ross!!<br />I like it alot!<br /><br />AK Chappy