Submersible dock lights.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Anybody have submersible lights on the dock? Fresh water or salt water? I am pondering buying just to watch the fish, dang near impossible to be on the dock after dark unless you want to donate blood to the bugs.

Bondo

Staff member
Anybody have submersible lights on the dock? Fresh water or salt water? I am pondering buying just to watch the fish, dang near impossible to be on the dock after dark unless you want to donate blood to the bugs.
Ayuh,....... Best I've found was a pole mounted street light,......

It was tall enough to light the dock area to see the fish, but the bugs were 20' over my head, by the light,.....
'n no electracy in the water,......

airshot

Rear Admiral
Ayuh,....... Best I've found was a pole mounted street light,......

It was tall enough to light the dock area to see the fish, but the bugs were 20' over my head, by the light,.....
'n no electracy in the water,......
Color of the light also makes a difference. My outdoor lights have been converted to LED bulbs ( big electricity savings) but found the more silver/ blue colored light attracts far more bugs than the yellow colors do. Same with the light on my pond, more fish and other creatures with the silver/ blue colored lights. Guess they can see better....lol..

airshot

Rear Admiral
Look for a " bug suit" often used by hunters to keep bugs from biting. I have one, fluffy billowey fine netting made into a jacket and pants. The material stays away from your skin by an inch or two so bugs can't bite. Works very well and includes a Vail for over your face so you can see thru but no bug bites. No messy bug spray to deal with and is not heavy for summer wear.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
RGB LED for transom garboard light mounted on end of PVC pole.

Simple 12 volt power supply

tphoyt

Lieutenant Junior Grade
My boss had a light on his dock and the fishing was great. Lots of bait would come to the light and it was almost a guarantee that would get smashed by a big Snook right at the shadow line of the light.
That was back in the 80’s and he had yellowish sodium light.