STX 1100 oil injection bleeding?

cod1ak

Recruit
I have a 1997 STX 1100 that I changed the oil lines from the tank to the oil pump, and from the pump to the carbs. My manual (Sealoc) says there are 2 bleed screws on the pump. The upper one bleeds the line to the tank and the other screw is for bleeding the rest of the system. The problem is, there is only the upper bleed screw. There is not another screw or bolt in the center of the pump like the manual shows.

Does anyone know how to bleed this system? Is my oil pump an odd ball or should it have that other bleed screw? I have drained the fuel tank and added 40:1 premix in it. Would it be safe to run it and see if it ?self bleeds?? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

haulnazz15

Captain
Re: STX 1100 oil injection bleeding?

I would run a light pre-mix (not entire 40:1) and run it for a while to see if the oil level in the reservoir drops. If it doesn't, you'll need to figure out the bleeding procedure. If it does drop, just go on about your business!

The reason I woudn't run the pre-mix at full strength is that if the system IS working properly, you will be fouling out plugs with so much oil in the mix.